cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6 days and no connection...

N/A

6 days and no connection...

I had my ADSL connection activated last Wed 17th April, but as yet I've not been able to connect. After phoning support 4 times someone said they would report the problem to BT. Can someone clarify that it has?

How long I'm expected to wait? 10, 20 or 30 days?

I'm on a yearly contract with a 7 day cooling off period. Upto what point can I cancel this contract and go with another provider?

All I want is some communication about what is happening and not some standard reply...

Also, it's good to see that at least one department at PlusNet is working efficiently. ie Subscriptions Collections!
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: 6 days and no connection...

> I had my ADSL connection activated last Wed 17th April, but as yet I've not been able to connect. After phoning support 4 times someone said they would report the problem to BT. Can someone clarify that it has?
>
> How long I'm expected to wait? 10, 20 or 30 days?
>
> I'm on a yearly contract with a 7 day cooling off period. Upto what point can I cancel this contract and go with another provider?
>
> All I want is some communication about what is happening and not some standard reply...
>
> Also, it's good to see that at least one department at PlusNet is working efficiently. ie Subscriptions Collections!

Hi Jason,

Your fault has been raised to BT and they are currently working to resolve this.

There is an open ticket in the system for this to be chased. You can check any updates made to this via the Contact Us system. Apologies that you have not had the service you expected so far, we are endeavouring to get the fault resolved.

--
Regards,
Robert

| Robert Kelly........................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support...........................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd...............http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----------

N/A

RE: 6 days and no connection...

Hi Robert,

Let me reiterate the questions I need answers for...

> > How long I'm expected to wait? 10, 20 or 30 days?

Perhaps an explanation of how you and BT work on this type of thing. Surely it's a common problem with an resolve time that can be estimated from past experiences.

> > I'm on a yearly contract with a 7 day cooling off period. Upto what point can I cancel this contract and go with another provider?

Can I still cancel? Even though the 7 days have passed since the contract started. What I'm paying for has still not been provided, does it mean I'm locked into this contract for the full year whether I get the service or not? Perhaps I need legal advice on this, but it would be nice to have a straight answer from you.

> > All I want is some communication about what is happening and not some standard reply...

Thanks for the semi-standard reply.

You wrote:
> There is an open ticket in the system for this to be chased. You can check any updates made to this via the Contact Us system.

I know! I check it almost every hour! But it never changes!

>Apologies that you have not had the service you expected so far, we are endeavouring to get the fault resolved.

I appreciate that, I know you are inundated with problems right now and I dont want to moan for the sake of it. But it's been a week since it was activated and still I have no connection. AND to make matters worse you are taking more money from me for something I've yet to receive!