cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

550 relay not permited

N/A

550 relay not permited

I understand that you can not send mail from a next work that is not your own. I have a f9 account at home but do a lot of travelling so my laptop is not on an f9 connection is there a way to be able to still send mail from a network that is not your own
18 REPLIES
David_W
Rising Star

550 relay not permited

You should be able to use F9's webmail when not on the F9 network, so you'll be able to send/recieve using your normal email, and do a full recieve when your on the F9 network?
N/A

550 relay not permited

i would but i'm on a really slow network which make the web mail a real pain to use. Is there no other way o get mail working with outlook
JonathanW
Grafter

550 relay not permited

The only other option would be to make use of the relay/smtp server provided by whoever provides the network connection that you are using. This will t hen enable you to send emails out normally, whilst still being able to check your Force9 email accounts.
N/A

Relay problems.

Read the posts- wearing the teeshirt- but still frustrated.
I have a POP3 mailbox from another site(employer). My lifetime email is redirected there. I fun several mailboxes off F9, using Thunderbird as my client, where I have all my addresses.

At the moment I am attached to a friends Wanadoo a/c 1900 km from home. Thus no outgoing email- and no chance of finding the Wanadoo stmp setting. Tomorrow I am on the move..

A week ago I bought an expensive wifipass, hooked up and emailed in and out. Is this because this company is on the same domaine? Is there a connection between F9 and Neuf Cegetel?

Webmail is a emergency hack but what is the soultion- what is planned?
N/A

550 relay not permited

Try smtp.wanadoo.co.uk or smtp.wanadooadsl.net.

Mark
N/A

Wanadoo

Confirm that

smtp.wanadoo.fr:25

is working for me- but what a wasted morning.

Thanks for the speedy reply.
madbanana
Grafter

550 relay not permited

Authenticated access to f9 SMTP server of course is the REAL solution!

I'm in a similar situation with an IPAQ and WiFi - and Webmail won't work at all!

Seems there is not enough demand for this function :-(
SOS
Dabbler

550 relay not permited

If you where to use an external e-mail provided such as 1and1 you will be able to send/receive e-mail when connected to what would appear to be any ISP. Also so far it seems to be reliable, but note the e-mail size is limited to 20Mb.
N/A

550 relay not permited

I don't think that that is really the issue- though it is a good workaround- the issue is sitting at a computer in a B&B, and using Force9, for your personal mail and also for office mail that you retrieve through Thunderbird (or the Redmond equivalent)- where you have your contact list etc. Yes, you can Webmail it- but try forwarding an email to 30 colleagues.
As a retired 'geek', I played lets guess the smtp server address and got there but is that the service that 'mere mortals'expect. I am happy with F9, but will have to bear this limitation in mind before recommending it to others.
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

550 relay not permited

Hi all,

The topic of SMTP authentication reared its head again recently during internal discussions. I'm not sure what was decided about it but will try and find out.

One very convoluted way to allow sending of F9 email from any location would be as follows:-

Using the instructions here, add your Force9 email as a valid from address.

Enable POP forwarding in gmails settings and set up your mail client to send and receive email using this account. Make sure your from address is your Force9 email.

Setup a redirect here to redirect all your Force9 email to the new GMail address.

If my thinking is correct this would allow you to send and receive from any location with the impression that this is being done using your Force9 account.

Kind Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

SOS
Dabbler

550 relay not permited

Given that the F9 e-mail system can't reliably suppoprt the current load, is it a good idea to suggest that it take on additional functions?

By the way 1and1 do support the sending of e-mail via SMTP from what would appear to be any ISP, so you can use Outlook and alike.
madbanana
Grafter

550 relay not permited

Thanks Bob, 'very convoluted' + IT = me! If it works, it's even better and it sounds as if it will.

Only problem is that I don't have a mobile registered in one of the required countries, and don't think I know anyone already on GMail.

Have you found a way around this please?!

Thanks again for your help.
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

550 relay not permited

I've sent you an invite. Let me know if you don't receive it.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

madbanana
Grafter

550 relay not permited

Fantastic Bob, I can't thank you enough!

I've set up messaging on my IPAQ to collect POP3 from F9 and to send via GMail SMTP server.

It all works like an absolute dream and even shows my domain address as a reply-to!

Thanks for such a great tip. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy