Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

55 minutes waiting time! Blimey!

nicecuppa
Grafter

Hi Everyone

I'm currently on Premier option 1 2MB. I'm having to reduce how much I pay each month on broadband and I've decided to go onto Pay as you Go. I know the bandwidth allowance is low, but I do my downloading at night time and it says on the plus site that midnight to 8am is free. Is that right for PAYG?

I've got a whole list of questions as I like to be sure of everything before I do something. I expected a wait on +net's phoneline , but 55 mins!! Shocked

Maybe I should've raised a ticket, but forgive me for being old fashioned, when I have a lot of questions I like to talk to someone personally and often things get mis-understood in emails.

I have been thinking of requesting my mac, but it will cost me the priviledge of eighty odd quid! I knew that when I signed up, but then I didn't realise what I was getting into with +net.

Here's hoping the phone gets answered sooner! I'm glad its not on the recently announced 50p per minute number!

Dave
(waiting in a long bloody phone queue) :x
19 REPLIES
MysteryFCM
Grafter

Rofl, just tried calling myself and as soon as I heard the waiting time (still 55mins), I immediately hung up ...

Annoying thing is, I sent a ticket a couple hours or so ago, and I'm still waiting for a response (which is aggravating at best as I have another Q for them concerning my MaxDSL status (apparently green, so want to upgrade ASAP)).
N/A

Could be a ploy to put people off calling support and make them use the ticket system.
nicecuppa
Grafter

Well it was only 20mins waiting, which wasn't tooo bad and the chap answered everything I wanted to know! So well done that chap! Blimey did I give +net some praise there! Shocked

Hey mysteryfcm! Nice to see a fellow North Easterner! A geordie by any chance? I live in Gateshead.
MysteryFCM
Grafter

Rofl, yep ..... a geordie (kinda - sort of Lancastrian Geordie, lol) .... I'm (unfortunately) in Killingworth
nicecuppa
Grafter

oh you poor soul :lol:
MysteryFCM
Grafter

hehe ..... tell me about it Wink
robbynudd
Grafter

ah all this telephone lark and ticket system brings back memories of a company not too far away from PN roots. Sounds like non existant telephone numbers and e-notes.....ah the memories................

Wink
N/A

Re: 55 minutes waiting time! Blimey!

Hi Everyone

I'm currently on Premier option 1 2MB. I'm having to reduce how much I pay each month on broadband and I've decided to go onto Pay as you Go. I know the bandwidth allowance is low, but I do my downloading at night time and it says on the plus site that midnight to 8am is free. Is that right for PAYG?

Hi Dave

Yes, as far as I know at this point in time, that is true - assuming you meet the PlusNet criteria.

I've got a whole list of questions as I like to be sure of everything before I do something. I expected a wait on +net's phoneline , but 55 mins!! Shocked

I'm surmising here; as I understand it PlusNet have or are introducing a 50p per minute call line; it's not clear yet if this has been implemented, although conflicting posts suggest they have, or not, depending which post you read first. It could possibly be that you are on the original 0845 help number and will be dealt with as soon as the customers who are prepared to pay the premium charge phone line, have been already been serviced Wink

Maybe I should've raised a ticket, but forgive me for being old fashioned, when I have a lot of questions I like to talk to someone personally and often things get mis-understood in emails.

I suspect there will be many customers who are not as savvy and who may well be fleeced by this outrages introduction of premium support call that has been introduced after they had signed up to PlusNet...

Here's hoping the phone gets answered sooner! I'm glad its not on the recently announced 50p per minute number!

Who's to say your not ? As things stand at present, PlusNet customers are being treated as idiots by the management. Sad
nicecuppa
Grafter

Hi John

I phoned the 0845 number which I got from the support pages. There was no mention of the new 50ppm support line, so it seems like it is in the pipeline, but not yet live? I'm still confused as to what this new support number will be for? Won't having two numbers just confuse things more or will it be a case of whoever is prepared to spend more on phone charges gets the better support?
Can anyone shed some light on that?

Thanks

Dave
N/A

Its a consultancy helpline not technical/billing support etc

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/04/12/plusnet_helpline/
N/A

Hi there.

The Consultancy helpline is not yet available.

Details regarding this and a helpful FAQ are available here
JonathanW
Grafter

The message you hear with wait times when you call in isn't currently automated, which means that it can often be inaccurate. The best thing to do, if you have web access, is check this page as its more up to date with regards to the exact wait time.

Though I would always advise checking the help pages under Support first, and then raising a ticket, unless you don't have internet access.
N/A

I spent 50 mins waiting on the support line, only to be disconnected. I tried again, only to be disconnected after 50 mins.

I have major agro with my ADSL move - I am being told I need an engineer to convert "your isdn to adsl" (at a cost of £50 + VAT) even though there has never been isdn at my new address and I have my router sync'ed at 2MB! I was originally told it would be sorted on the 10th April, and now the 20th April. What's taking all that time?

Arses.
Couger
Grafter

omg this outrageous

Plusnet stop being tight asses and get some more staff lol