cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 Days On MAX and a few Questons (comms team)

N/A

Firstly I would like to thank all those (Plusnet Staff and Users) who have helped me out since I discovered the forums (after 3 years or so with Plus.Net), you have all been very helpful indeed.

I have now been running MAXDSL for 5 days. Since day 1 I have been showing a Stable Rate of 6000. My Router connects at 7.6mb down and 832k up. The highest download rate I have seen has been consistent with the router sync rate, 700kpbs or so, of late though the maximum I have been getting in 340 or so, again, my Stable Rate has not changed and I have been rebooting my router each day.

I have had no disconnects at all since day one and that continues to be the case.

I guess my question is, is this normal, should I expect to see my stable rate go up to meet my router sync rate or should I see my sync rate come down to match my stable rate?

I no its only early days but as I have mentioned I have not seen any change on sync rate or stable rate since day 1.

Any advice or feedback would be appreciated.

Lee
6 REPLIES
N/A

Any takers Cheesy
willhome
Grafter

i would think it depends. bt connecting you at your router rate.. sure stable rate should go up. but if its unstable it will come down to meet where it was last stable
JonathanW
Grafter

Its normally a case of your MSR changing to match the rate that your router is synching with the exchange at. Though in most cases these will remain fairly stable, unless something impacts on the quality of your line.

As for the speed of your transfers, this could be down to a few different things, such as load on the server you are downloading from and general exchange contention. The best thing to do would be run another BT speed test to see what results that gives for your line.
N/A

The BT Speed test gives me this 5168 kilo bits per second (Kbps)

But then it can be much lower than this. I will try again in 30
N/A

I gotta say, that BT speed checker is about as reliable as an unrelaible thing

519 kilo bits per second (Kbps)

Ran the plus net checker right after and 5mb Tongue
N/A

07:41am 4682 kilo bits per second (Kbps)