cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4mb Broadband

N/A

4mb Broadband

Hello everyone, Havnt been around in a while.However today I was downloading a file and noticed it was downloading at a 4mb connection speed. I checked my email and havnt had an email from Plusnet regarding this?.I done a speed test and it said my connection can download at 4.4mbps.

Why Have I not been notified?.and I guess my line has been upgraded?

thanks
9 REPLIES
Community Veteran

4mb Broadband

PN have not been sending out emails due to compatibility issues with the new BT bulk regrade tool.
N/A

4mb Broadband

okay, but is my connection 4mb now if it says that and I wont have any problems?

thanks
N/A

4mb Broadband

can you repeat the question please, i'm not sure what you are asking
Community Veteran

4mb Broadband

If you are downloading at > 2Mbs then you are on the faster connection which could be MaxDSL (BT) or LLU (Tiscali). Note: emails about being changed to LLU are not being sent out either contrary to what CS/comms have said.
N/A

4mb Broadband

Is my connection now a 4mb connection?. I have done various speed tests and it says my connection is 4mb and I've been able to download at around 440kbps. I ask this because Peter mentioned compatability issues and I'm wondering whether my connection will remain as a 4mb connection?
N/A

4mb Broadband

Will I recieve an email sometime regarding this matter and stating what package I'm on now?.etc

P.S -last post doesnt matter lol, getting tangled
Community Veteran

4mb Broadband

I doubt you will get an email now.

You can find out yourself if you are on LLU or BT.

Run the BT Speed test. If it works (try both test IPs) then you are on Max. If it does not, you are probably on LLU.
Mand
Grafter

4mb Broadband

Hi

I can save you the trouble, you've been Max'ed. Currently showing as a 6MB connection profile. Smiley

There have been some issues with automated emails and we hope to have this resolved by the time the next batch is sent to BT.
N/A

4mb Broadband

Mand, as you've replied to pretty much the same query from this person, can you also to mine on this thread (and 2 tickets) please?