cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

400+ Failed delivery messages a day

Fixes: 115

I am now getting in excess of 400 of this messages each day and am beginning to get worried I could end up being on some black-list.

I have done various Dware, etc. scans including SyBot & Windows Defender and my system is clean.

Also a clean bill of health from a McAfee virus scan.

All the above programs are fully up-to-date.

Should I be concerned about this?

Cheers

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

3 REPLIES
Redviper
Grafter

Hi

Yea, I am getting the same - AFAIK someone is using the second part of your email address (@yourusername.plus.com) as a returned mail address, however i am getting the same, can anyone advise how i can stop this
Liam
Grafter

Unfortunately, there is little you can do. Anybody can spoof the 'from' or 'return' address to send email and these bounces are then sent to you.

One thing you can do is setup specific mailboxes on your account and have us 'blackhole' the rest.

More information can be found here : http://www.plus.net/support/security/spam/spam_protection_guide.shtml
Redviper
Grafter

Hi

Ok I give out my email address as a particlaur address, I still want that in use, so If i set up a mail box, how do i block or get you guys to "blackhole" everything else, and will this mean that i dont ever see these mails again?