Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30gb or 100gb?

willhome
Grafter

30gb or 100gb?

reading up on the limits i came across this

http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/network/sustainable_usage_guide.shtml

just under half way you can see the table now.
as im on premier ill use that to explain as i understand it

Warning email
100GB usage (anytime)
OR
30GB peak-time usage

so when i download 30gb or more between 4pm-12 you email me OR 100gb anytime right?

Peak-time management
100GB usage (anytime)
AND
30GB peak-time usage

SO as i read after the warning email you will not restict my account less i break both those limits?

So if i download bettween 4-12 ONLY and in a month download 99GB ALL during peak times. i have broken the 30gb limit but not the 100gb anytime.

So you will not restrict me right?
5 REPLIES
willhome
Grafter

30gb or 100gb?

20.1 We may change this Contract, including our charges, at any time. We will give you at least 14 days notice of any changes before they take effect. As explained in paragraph 19, you can end this contract by giving us immediate notice in this 14 day period if we increase our charges or change the conditions of this Contract to your detriment.

just thought does this apply to the details we signed up for. e.g. there was no peak time etc etc
Community Veteran

30gb or 100gb?

No.

The SUP & P2P etc allowances come under the AUP (acceptable Usage Policy) and are classed by PN as a clarification to that section of the T&C and not a change to the T&C. Thus no T&C change and thus no requirement t give 14 days notice.

Under the AUP, PN are able to adjust your speeds / usage to ensure you do not impact others.

Acceptable Use Policy

6. Broadband Acceptable Use Policy

6.1 General

6.1.1 The Broadband Internet access component of your account is based on a contended service. This policy contains guidelines on how you can use this Service. We manage our network using prioritisation techniques to ensure that during busy periods time sensitive applications such as VoIP, email, gaming and web browsing are given priority over bandwidth intensive, non-time-sensitive applications such as Peer-to-Peer (P2P) file sharing. Traffic shaping is used to a greater or lesser extent on all our Broadband Services. The effects of this should be virtually un-noticeable to Business customers and should only result in a small percentage reduction in peak-time throughput for Premier customers. You can find more information on contention and how we manage our network here.
willhome
Grafter

30gb or 100gb?

fair enough but you havent directly answered about downloading 99gb as im not breaking the 100gb limit of anytime
JonathanW
Grafter

30gb or 100gb?

Technically, if you were to do that, then you would just get a warning. However, if you get warned three times in six months, then you would be placed on peak time management, which is clearly laid out on the page that you've linked above.
willhome
Grafter

30gb or 100gb?

ok thanks just wanted to know. might be a idea to point this out to people