cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30GB limit...

N/A

30GB limit...

What's the 30GB limit now then, the whole of peak time, just 8-4, 4-12, i'm so confused!
17 REPLIES
N/A

30GB limit...

If you mean premier then i dont know, but if you mean plus then 5GB a month peak time.
N/A

30GB limit...

the limit is 20gig peaktime mate, ignore the 30gig and 100gig per month at anytime
N/A

30GB limit...

I know about the 20GB limit, i just ask cos i've download 33GB over 8-12 this month...but i had been assuming I was only sposed to make sure i didn't go over 30GB for 4-12 still...but with all the liberties being taken with PN changing things on a whim, i don't know what's what anymore...i'm Prem by the way!
N/A

30GB limit...

wainyefc,

That is a little untrue.

Under the SUP ( link in my sig ) there is a 30GB peak time limit ( 4PM until midnight ) per month.

Under the vision update there is a 20Gig cap for FTP/USENET and P2P protocols for the hours of 8AM till midnight per month.

Any data transferred via these protocols between the hours of 8AM and 4PM get taken from your off peak SUP allowance and anything on these protocols between 4PM and Midnight get taken from your peak time SUP allowance.

In either case you are only permitted to use 20GB a month on these three protocols in any one month during the hours of 8AM and midnight. (Based on a £21.99 premier account ).

All the links for these figures are in my sig by the "INFO" title.

Regards,
N/A

30GB limit...

In either case you are only permitted to use 20GB a month on these three protocols in any one month during the hours of 8AM and midnight. (Based on a £21.99 premier account ).

Eh...what...so i'm only allowed 20gigs of downloads between 8 and 12?
N/A

30GB limit...

Using either FTP,USENET "OR P2P yes or a mixture of all three.

Http wise you can max out your sup allowances if you wish.
N/A

30GB limit...

Using either FTP,USENET "OR P2P yes or a mixture of all three.

Http wise you can max out your sup allowances if you wish.

Ah...surprise surprise, PN gives me no way to track ftp/un/p2p seperate to other usage!
N/A

30GB limit...

It might be worth mentioning now,

Plusnet are working towards this being reverted back to normal peak time hours by the end of feb 2006. Although there is no official comfirmation of this yet it was mentioned a couple of times.

So hopefully come beginning of march we will see normal peak time hours again for everything, but the limits i am afraid will more than likely be staying.

Regards,
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

30GB limit...

No, this isn't correct. You have a "clean allowance" of 20GB for P2P/Usenet/FTP between the hours of 8am and midnight. After this you can continue to download P2P/Usenet/FTP it's just that between 8am and midnight the downloads will get slower the more you download.
N/A

30GB limit...

Sorry Dave,

I think my wording was very off and unclear on that one. I was writing the post in hope that everyone knew off peak was open all doors and thus things started to get phrased a little badly.

However my meaning or intentions were still that of how you have phrased it now.

Regards,
N/A

30GB limit...

So hopefully come beginning of march we will see normal peak time hours again for everything, but the limits i am afraid will more than likely be staying.

You mean a 20GB blanket limit of P2P/Usenet/FTP per month?
Community Veteran

30GB limit...

No - it is NOT a blanket limit

the 20GB is an allowance that is supposed to be clean of any management. What you are allowed to download (30GB/100GB) has not changed. It is just that when you have used your clean allowance (20Gb between 8am and midnight), plusnet will reduce the priority of your ftp/p2p/usenet.

In other words - the "clean to" allowance is an IMPROVEMENT in service, compared with the situation before when all of your 30Gb peak time usage could be managed.
N/A

30GB limit...

So hypothetically, if they drop the absurd 8am-4pm peak time thing and it's back to 4-12 end of feb, all downloads will be unrestricted off peak and the 20gb allowance will just be for on peak downloads?
Community Veteran

30GB limit...

All downloads up to the maximum 100gb total will be unrestricted outside of peak time - (but they haven't yet garaunteed that they will reduce the peak time hours.)

AND y ou will have 20GB of clean allowance inside peak time.

I guess this is all subject to the current usage patterns remaining - If EVERYONE starts downloading off peak, then it will no longer be off peak and further changes would be required.