cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30 days notice - MAC lasts 30 days

N/A

I want to do something so very simple....

Change ADSL providers, and downgrade to PAYG DialUp.

In what I think is the greatest move to make it hard to leave, I am told I have to give 30 days notice to downgrade - and that notice starts when I request a MAC code....which only last 30 days....so basically - you're screwed either way!

Another example of excellent PN customer service.

Doug
7 REPLIES
hitachi
Grafter

I cant see the problem,you request a mac and to be downgraded,give your mac to your new isp,when you leave your account is downgraded
N/A

Can't see the problem. If you ask for your MAC today then your 30 days notice finish on 28th Jan. So you instruct you new ISP to do the switch over on the 28th Jan.
Community Veteran

You can use your MAC (i.e. give it to another ISP) as soon as it is issued or up to 30 days from when it is issued, so I don't see what your problem is?
N/A

I ask for my Mac on Dec 7th, and got it.

Dec 21st I sign up with another ISP

They tell me the migration will occur on the 27th

I immediately tell Plusnet this (on the 21st) at the end of the same ticket with which I requested the MAC and state that after the migration I would like to downgrade to PAYG Dial-Up

On the 26th - my ticket is updated with this message
"Dear Mr Ellison,
Check migration complete and action account cancellation"

i.e. Totally ignoring what I asked for on 21st ( a downgrade to PAYG, NOT cancellation )

I respond on the morning of the 27th reminding them of my request for PAYG Dial Up as mentioned on the 21st and not an account cancellation.

On the 28th (one day after the migration should have occured ) - I get the following

"Please note that we require 30 days paid notice which begins from the point of cancellation when the MAC key is requested. .....
The next action on your Help Assistant Question is due on Thursday 4th January at 9:00am. This Question will remain open with the BOT - DSL Migrations until this time.Additional information is provided below: "

Now do you see the problem? I am stuck within ISP Hell until, it would appear, Jan 4th.

And come on - let's be honest - this is BT we're talking about - your new ISP says 'do it on day X' and BT will, at best, consider it something of a guideline - thus in all probability rendering my MAC expired at the time the migration is done...and thus not done.

Doug
Community Veteran

Your mac only expires if you do not use it (ie give it to a new supplier) within 30 days. You have done that - so no problem.

The only requirement from plusnet is that you pay them for the 30 days. You don't have to be connected to them for that period.
N/A

Have you read the migration help?
What happened on the 27th when you should have been migrated? Did you new ISP inform you the reason why the migration did not take place as they had a valid MAC issued on the 7th Dec. Normally on a migration you are automatically downgraded to PAYG.
N/A

"Normally on a migration you are automatically downgraded to PAYG."

Indeed - hence my suprise to see

"Check migration complete and action account cancellation"

As I've said in my ticket - I don't care if thy keep all of this months subscription ( from Dec 21st ) - I just want OUT.

Doug