cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

!!!!!!!!!!!! 30 day wait for MAC code im told!!!!!!

N/A

?? are Plusnet havin a laugh? due to my original migration not going through due to my line not being able to cope with the 2 meg speed f2s initialy tried to connect me at... they informed me it was not a big problem.. as all i had to do was get a new MAC code from plusnet and they would push the order through at the next lowest speed....

but i just got a reply from plusnet telling me ii will have to wait 30 DAYS!!!!!

they say that BT cannot issue another MAC code for another 30 days...... is this true? can anyone varify this please?? i hardly trust Plusnet to tell me the truth anymore...... surely there takin me for a ride..
3 REPLIES
N/A

Yes, apparently it is true...

That must mean they originally gave you one, which wasn't used - which begs the question : Why not ?
N/A

I do find this a bit odd. If you requested a MAC, and not used it, then yes, I could see how there would be a 30 day wait before another MAC can be issued. But in this particular case, as far as I can see, the MAC has now been voided (due to a failed migration) and I see no legitimate reason why another one can't be issued for you immediately.

Strange! :roll:
N/A

yup paygo u are right... got off the phone to f2s about it and they said exsactluy the same,,,
In the case of a failed migration due to the line not supporting 2meg,,,, the MAC code immediatly becomes invalid and is cancelled..... at which time a new MAC can be issued immediatly.. no 30 day wait..

lets see what Plusnet say this time....