cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 gb peak time allowance is this a wind up ?

N/A

So what is it now , I shouldnt use my broadband at all unless im asleep.

" Your peak-time usage for this billing month just exceeded 2.4GB.

Although this is not more than your allowance, we wanted to make you aware
of light restrictions to your connection speeds that come into force should
you reach 3GB. "

I was on holiday for 9 days this month and I work 10 hours a day 4 days a week , and I manage to use 2.4 gig up till today. What ?? am I abusing my connection or something 3 GB has to be some kind of bad joke please tell me it is ??

Give me back my connection fee and ill go now !!

If your trying to push out anyone who actually uses their connection at all just out your hands up and say.

This account should be supplied as a light user account but of course thats not how its advertised at all. Plusnet may have removed the 'unlimited' but they do not advertise it as occasional users only which is exactly what it has turned in to.

Mas
8 REPLIES
N/A

They advertise is as "no fixed download limits", implying there are no fixed bandwith limits as used to be the case rather than very strict limits that seem to be enforced. Link
N/A

download limits and bandwidth limits are two seperate things really, as said in that post there are no fixed limits, but the more you download the management kicks in, granted the bandwidth management should be mentioned on the front page somewhere, or made a bit clearer, but it is right in saying there are no limits.
N/A

But the point is , you are I am sure just as well as me know that 3 gig is pathetic.

I dont do downloads I dont do perer to peer , I surf e bay and some gaming webbies , I play bf2. I work 10 to 12 hour days 4 days a week and when im not working yes I play bf2 or use teamspeek.

If they are putting limits on users like me they are taking the preverbial you know what.

To say its unlimited bandwidth and then throttle you down so much that you either pay more or leave is a very thin version of unlimited no matter how you dress it up.

Its different if you have these mickey takers who download all day and use 10 20 or 50 gig " cos i can " but 3 Huh??. that is my point its the sizre of the limit thats a jke not the principal.

Plusnet, I am in IT myself I am well aware yu need to manage your network I have no problem with that BUT take a CLOSE look at the type of users you are penalising is my point

Mas
N/A

Hi there,

Judging by your initial post, you are on the BB+ product. This is really designed as an entry level product and as such the expected usage is meant to be light.

If you feel that you will continually exceed the allowance thenperhaps a move to a PAYG product or one of the Premier options might be more suitable for your needs.

Just an idea, nothing else Smiley
Discostoo
Grafter

but premier is rubbish for lags. gaming would be redundant. maybe PN should set up a gaming account?
N/A

I have the same problem.

bb+ was 5GB per month and that was ok, but now it's only 3GB and that a joke.
PhillipH
Grafter

Doesnt surprise me that they changed it to 3g from 5g because............

i have been monitoring my use, and friends usage - we are both heavy gamers and we are using no more than 4gig per month.

Lucky we are both on premier Plus one. Ppl who were (rightly or wrongly) using the other service for gaming are now forced to upgrade, giving plus even more money Smiley

Very difficult to tell if premier is good or bad for gaming tbh, most of the time friends on the same game tell me they have specific lag spikes at the same time as me, pointing the blame not at plus net but the game servers or the games isp.

Seems plus are pretty good for gaming.
N/A

I have the same problem.

bb+ was 5GB per month and that was ok, but now it's only 3GB and that a joke.

They did cut peak time in half so they therefore cut the peak allowance.