cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 days gone and still on 2mb - router at 8mb sync!!!

N/A

Wish when I was told info, and eta's that they were longer, rather than get told to wait 3 days, then nothing happen!!!

Was imformed that after my regrade at 9am thursday, that there would be a 3 day "testing" period - whatever that is Im not sure, then I expected the 8mb floodgates to open... well, not even a trickle over the 2mb I have been getting!!!

Hmm wonder how long I willhave to wait now!!
12 REPLIES
N/A

There is a problem with the BT end of the system: Once you are upgraded with in 75 mins the BRAS (BT Remote Access Servers) are suposed to update to the new line speed. Unfortunatly this isn't happening and while 3 days is the longest it is supposed to take it wouldn't suprise me if it is longer. Might be worth raising a ticket and see if PN can kick it.

For others who are expecting to be upgraded: Turn your adsl device off overnight on the day you are due to be upgraded and according to some threads on Adsl guide and other places this issue is removed.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

No idea if this will help, but have you tried disconnecting/reconnecting (maybe leave it disconnected for a period of half hour plus)?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

Yeah... rebooted to check this morning... still says 8mb, but only 2mb speeds!!! Obviously still waiting for someone to do their bit!!!

Can someone please tell me what turning a device off for half hour, several hours or even overnight does.. a reboot is a reboot, different things dont happen after a longer period of time!!!
N/A

Er ... Yes they do ... I'm not 100% sure on it, but essentially there's a monitoring feedback cycle on these connections done at BT's end ... and session timeouts may have something to do with it too.

Still, if you don't believe there will be a difference, carry on as you are and there probably won't be ... on the other hand, would you really miss the use of your connection for 1/2 hour to an hour ? If you tried and it still doesn't work, you've only lost 1/2 hour !
N/A

on the other hand, would you really miss the use of your connection for 1/2 hour to an hour ? If you tried and it still doesn't work, you've only lost 1/2 hour !

It was suggested by Zen/Nildram to try disconnecting for around 30 or 45 minutes and that on a re-sync (as advised by BT) the BRAS Profile would lift, but it's turned out not to be the case - mainly for people who re-sync at exactly the same linespeed as before, and particularly users re-syncing at 8128.

There's also the thought - just to complicate matters - that dropping your connection for a period of time simply delays the "3 days" part of the process and could make you have to wait longer, and Zen are recommending people stay connected for the full time now rather than switching off.
N/A

I stand corrected ... although this was the thought of the day when the 2Mbit roll-out was done (showing my age again) Wink
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

If these problems are widespread I can see the upgrades being stalled while BT sort this problem out.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

For others who are expecting to be upgraded: Turn your adsl device off overnight on the day you are due to be upgraded and according to some threads on Adsl guide and other places this issue is removed.

Are you informed in advance when you are going to be upgraded?

Apparently my upgrade order was placed with BT last Tuesday, I only found out yesterday when I looked at my tickets and found some auto-generated tickets - I've had no e-mail from PN yet to inform me that the order has been placed or any estimated change date.
N/A

PlusNet seem to now believe that it is only necessary to advise customers if a change after the change and only then if they feel they may notice. Possibly a little harsh, but given people's recent comments on MaxDSL and LLU migration, it seems it's not far from the truth.
N/A

Moving the goal posts.. yet again!!!!

ctioned : As the max product is rate adaptive it adjusts itself to the maximum speed your line can support during the first 10 days of service. During this time it is normal for your router and line to report variable speeds both in throughput and sync. Please monitor this situation and contact us back if you are still experiencing issues after 17/04/06
Community Veteran

Are you informed in advance when you are going to be upgraded?

Over on ADSLguide, there are people saying if you have signed up on bt.com to monitor your account, there is information there indicating when they will move you over to MaxDSL.

I am yet to find out, hope your upgrade goes smoothly. Also, post your previous and new line stats as this is useful for folks to understand what they can expect.

SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
N/A

Yerp, if you are monitoring things from BT's end, you will see when a change in line status has been requested (be it for MaxDSL or LLU). For whatever reason, PlusNet have gone back on their previous promises and are now only telling people after a change has completed.