cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 GB free ?

vic_newey
Grafter

3 GB free ?

just got email from plusnet re billing my account which is PAYG with 4 gig inc which costs £17.99

however they have decided to give me 3 gig for free it seems

Username: vicnewey

Billing Notice for your PlusNet PlusNet Broadband Pay As You Go (Monthly Contract, No Modem) with included 4GB bandwidth account.

Your account billing has been successful. We have taken
£14.49 (including £0.50 discount for referrals), for the billing period starting on 2006-05-10.

My usage meter has not reset either
9 REPLIES
N/A

3 GB free ?

Similar thing happened to me as I was charged £14.99 instead of the usual £15.99 for PAYG including 2GB. I raised a ticket with PN to ask if prices had changed and was told that it was due to a system error in their billing.
vic_newey
Grafter

3 GB free ?

Similar thing happened to me as I was charged £14.99 instead of the usual £15.99 for PAYG including 2GB. I raised a ticket with PN to ask if prices had changed and was told that it was due to a system error in their billing.

You'd think they'd let us off for being so honest !
vic_newey
Grafter

3 GB free ?

I just discovered that my ' view my usage 'has reset at only 1 meg instead of 4 :roll: raised a ticket hours ago to point out they undercharged me but no reply as yet
N/A

3 GB free ?

I've had some interesting billing amounts too - every now and then they seem to inflate the value of my referrals discount by a pound or two.
I'm certainly not complaining, but it is interesting nonetheless.
(If it goes the other way tho, then I'll get a little upset Wink )

I'm wondering if your issue is related to the VMBU upgrade issues? If they know that they might not be calculating your usage properly, they may have decided to give you more lee-way to make sure they don't create an issue through miscalculation.
(Less CS time used by giving peeps a bit extra v sorting out problems by incorrectly calculating your useage - net cost to them probably very little, since may peeps on PAYG won't notice or use the extra)
gofaster
Rising Star

3 GB free ?

Hmmm - I just had the opposite happen to me.
I am on PAYG and got the email saying I had gone over my 3GB allowance but the VMBU (10 hours after the email) still shows that I have only used 2.88Gb

Perhaps you have been given some of my allowance?
N/A

3 GB free ?

Awfully generous of you - just what we need - More generosity Wink
Make sure to challenge it, because if you have gone over your limit (or if they think you have), doesn't that mean your speed will be managed downwards?
docrobster
Grafter

3 GB free ?

no speed management on PAYG, just bigger bills!
N/A

3 GB free ?

Doh Shockedops:
But even more reason to make sure they get it right though.
gofaster
Rising Star

3 GB free ?

I raised a ticket and the reply says
Having checked your usage now I can confirm you have reached the point where more bandwidth is required, however the VMBU has not updated correctly, this should update and display the correct figures shortly

I find it strange that the VMBU is always blamed for being wrong, but the routine that calculates usage for billing purposes never gives inaccurate figures. :roll:
This kind of thing does wonders for the trust I place in PN.