cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2meg upgrade

N/A

2meg upgrade

Hi i'm having my 1meg connection upgraded to 2meg today. If im using my connection today will it stop the regrade team from being able to upgrade my account.

Andy.
10 REPLIES
N/A

2meg upgrade

No. Where needed, they will simply disconnect your line.

Regrades normaly take place in the very early hours of the morning. I suspect it should have taken place last night realy, but could happen at any time.

Just use you connection, and be happy in knowing that when you suddenly can't do anything, you speed fix may be on its way Cheesy
N/A

2meg upgrade

Thanks for the prompt reply. Looking forward to the speed boost.

Andy.
N/A

2meg upgrade

Do you know what time the regrades pool works till. I'm getting a bit worried that i wont get my upgrade today.

When i upgraded to 1 meg in february my account had been updated early on in the morning. Sad
N/A

2meg upgrade

Can anyone help me with the above post? please!
N/A

2meg upgrade

Regrades are actioned by BT. They work pretty much all the time on regrades.

The good news is, the only action PlusNet need to take, is if the regrade fails, in which case they inform you as such, or change your account over to the new billing.

There is nothing technical to be done by PlusNet.
N/A

2meg upgrade

Well just as i thought my fears have come true. The regrade is still in process and i've got to wait another 24hours before getting my 2meg. Cry Sods law.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

2meg upgrade

Hi,

I would expect that your regrade will complete in the early hours of tomorrow morning. Almost all regrades will complete overnight, normally on 7th or 8th day after the order was placed.
The Broadband Operations Team will pick this up tomorrow and update your account details once it has completed.
N/A

2meg upgrade

Cheers for the info Dave, its appreciated.

Andy.
N/A

2meg upgrade

Well i finally got my 2meg upgrade today but when i looked at my contact us ticket it said:

PTO engineer assigned to test the line length and quality. Will check for update in 48 hours
Regards,
Rob Boyes.

Well the thing is i was on a 1meg connection before upgrading as you can gather from the above post's. I am right in saying that if you can get a 1meg line then you can definately get a 2meg line, so why the hell are they going to test the line again.

I started using my connection at about 10:30 this morning and it was downloading at 240k a sec as it should do for about 2 and a half hours no problem. Then at about 13.05 this afternoon my line has began losing sync and reconnecting about 10 times an hour and its still doing it now at 16:42 surely it cant still be a bt engineer testing the line.

Andy B.
N/A

2meg upgrade

The limits for 2Mb are the same as 1Mb. Or that is the theory.

They will have done tests regardless, as part of the program to keep records, and better the database. So when they saw borderline results, they may have assigned a PTO.

Just leave the ticket be. They will eventualy get around to it and will bill you according to the time BT claimed they activated you.