Did you mean: 

2mb premier

N/A

2mb premier

hi
just a few questions that i need ansewring
i pay the £39.00 pounds a month for this service is it a 20-1 still connection
or has it gone to a 50-1 connection as per e mails we recived
with the upgrading what benifits will we get?
will we get 8mb line?
or are we best downgrading?
and what are you charging to downgrade?

personally i dont download a lot just play online games so whats best package for me to downgrade if needed

personally i would love a 8mg line but is it to happen to us paying £39 a month
while others on cheaper packages get the same?
24 REPLIES
N/A

2mb premier

we wont see any speed upgrade in april, we wont see any untill at least the beta trial, whenever that is. Even then we will be lucky to be one of the 500 exchanges...

For £39.99 we get 75gb, for me that is a bit much, but to downgrade costs £15. Havnt decided if its worth it yet as wont have the house much long after april.

Havce a look at your usage, but bear in mind that is included uplaods and 1am-8am usage, the FUP wont.
Community Veteran

2mb premier

we wont see any speed upgrade in april, we wont see any untill at least the beta trial, whenever that is. Even then we will be lucky to be one of the 500 exchanges...

You are confusing the trials for 4 & 8Mbs and the upgrade to MaxDSL which are completely separate.

MaxDSL Speed upgrades up to 2Mb will occur from April (1000 will actually be done in march) with some not occuring until June. The 21 & 500 exchanges is for the 4 & 8Mbs trial starting in April and continuing until Sept which is completely separate.

Ian explained all this in Update on Free Speed Upgrades and High Speed Trial.
Community Veteran

Re: 2mb premier

i pay the £39.00 pounds a month for this service is it a 20-1 still connection or has it gone to a 50-1 connection as per e mails we recived

If you received an Email relating to the 20:1 service, it explained if you wish to remain on a 20:1 connection you have to pay an additional £5/month. If you don't instruct PlusNet that you want to stay on 20:1, you will be changed to 50:1 automatically in April.

with the upgrading what benifits will we get?

Do you man the conmtemtion change of the speed upgrade. The contention change will notreally be noticed. For the speed upgrade you will be upgrade to 2Mb if you line supports it.
will we get 8mb line?

You will have to wait and see.

or are we best downgrading?

Downgrading to what? Note: if yu downgrade then you cannot remain on a 20:1 connection and if you do stay on 20:1 after April, you will have to pay an additional £14.99 on top of any other admin fees to change you 20:1 contention to 50:1 as the email indicates.

and what are you charging to downgrade?

£14.99

personally i dont download a lot just play online games so whats best package for me to downgrade if needed

Without any specific detals like how much you download I can't suggest anything. What amount is 'i don't download a lot'

personally i would love a 8mg line but is it to happen to us paying £39 a month while others on cheaper packages get the same?

That's life!. and is a BT restriction, not a PlusNet one.
N/A

Re: 2mb premier

If you don't instruct PlusNet that you want to stay on 20:1, you will be changed to 50:1 automatically in April.

What does 50:1 mean under the FUP?

AIUI, the old BT notion of 20:1 and 50:1 is out the window from April 1st from which date no-one is contended unless they hit level 3. Have I misunderstood?

Simon
N/A

2mb premier

hi
i have recived no e mail regarding a £5 extra fee to remain on 20-1?
the only e mail i recived was one saying we getting upgraded to 50-1 lol
now thats a statement if any lol
please can you explain how i can get hold of this e mail you are saying i should of recived?
thanks
Community Veteran

2mb premier

When did you upgrade to 2Mbs? Not all 2Mbs users are on a 20:1 product.

I can't find a copy of the email anywhere, it was never posted as an announcement.
N/A

2mb premier

No peter, i am not confusing anything.

We are both on 2mb premier, now correct me if im wrong but there is no further possible upgrading that can be done to our lines past 2mb, without 4mb and 8mb trials? (a handfull of PN customers will get the alpha, a few more will get the beta, i think it quite unlikely a lot of us will see any upgrade for a long time.)

Therefore, no upgrade insight for 10% of PN usersbase when the email promised us one.
Ianwild
Grafter

2mb premier

hi
i have recived no e mail regarding a £5 extra fee to remain on 20-1?
the only e mail i recived was one saying we getting upgraded to 50-1 lol
now thats a statement if any lol
please can you explain how i can get hold of this e mail you are saying i should of recived?
thanks

We have only sent one email (Ignoring an email that was sent in error a week or two before) about people moving from 20:1 to 50:1. Could you post the one you got?

As has already been said, under CBC, the difference between 20:1 and 50:1 should be negligable, although BT are maintaining the distinction on their network at the moment (It's the distinction between a business anfd a residential line as far as BT are concerned).

Regards,

Ian
Community Veteran

2mb premier

You are still being upgraded to MaxDSL (IPstream home max), even though your speed is not going to be any faster until later in the year (subject to line supporting it). Also those already on 2Mbs will have priority access to the faster 4 & 8Mbs speeds - i.e. before those currently on 512K & 1Mbs lines do.
Community Veteran

2mb premier

We have only sent one email (Ignoring an email that was sent in error a week or two before) about people moving from 20:1 to 50:1. Could you post the one you got?

If you read later on he states he did not get an email. This is why I asked when he upgraded to 2Mbs as only those on 20:1 received the email as far as I am aware.
Ianwild
Grafter

2mb premier

Yeah, but we only sent one email, so are we sure "the only e mail i recived was one saying we getting upgraded to 50-1" doesn;t relate to the same thing?
N/A

2mb premier

The first, miss sent email refrered to the 50:1 change as an upgrade didnt it?

Peter, why did the email tout a speed upgrade to us, when in actual fact its more of a switch to a platform that to the end user (and thats what matters here) is exactly the same? Hardly an upgrade, and not somthing that should be so readily used to shut us up about FUP. I do not agree with getting an FUP without any detectable upgrade at my end, after all, they are supposed to be in conjunction with one and other!
Ianwild
Grafter

2mb premier

It was sent in error by a trainee who was used to writing marketing emails for another company - I've already explained this... It was an email sent in error, which we corrected shortly after!

Regards,

Ian
Community Veteran

2mb premier

As I can't remember what was in the email or which one you are refering to I can't really comment as I don't understand what you are saying.