cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2mb line but 1kb downloads?

N/A

We have a premium account, unlimited download (supposedly) but it's now running slower than my old dialup, if anyone knows how i can find my mac key on this site please tell me, this service sucks!
18 REPLIES
N/A

You'll have to contact CS either by phone or Contact Us to request your MAC.
N/A

POOR SPEEDS - YES PLUSNET YOU SUCK BIG TIME!!!

I am getting download speeds of 1k a second on a 2mb line. I cannot access my gmail, check my ebay auctions or get onto pretty much any other website appart from this one!!

PlusNet Customer Service Ticket said:

'The poor speeds are because you have been placed on 24/7 management as part of our sustainable usage policy, as this is your first offence you can be removed from this by raising a ticket on the account and promising to reduce your usage. '

Even though I have downloaded lots and am now on 24/7 management 1k speeds is a bit low for them to go for punishment!! buggers!!!

I really am not happy, another plusnet customer service agent told me I would have to cope with it for 30 days and then they would raise the restrictions!! :? :x

screw that!!
N/A

I sympathise Chris - I also am on the restricted useage, although the mail I got said quite clearly that I could request that the restriction be lifted and as long as I behave myself from now on. I have asked for this to be done, although no-one has looked at my ticket in the last 24 hours. Ah well, not really suprised at that.
N/A

I left to tickets for them! but they beggars wont reply!!! if nothing has changed in the morning Im gonna phone and complain big time!!!! :? :x
visor
Grafter

i was on managed line. i sent them a ticket 2005-10-22 04:23:03 i got a reply at 2005-10-22 07:15:48 then i replay back at 2005-10-22 07:19:19. i dont know if its been uplifted yet because the ticket is still open. Sad

i also like to add i tried calling them last night around 11pm i stayed on the phone on hold for 30mins then i hang up, (10-20mins waiting time BAH!!!) Evil i tried again after 12am 30mins later still on hold (10-20mins waiting time BAH, BAH!!! ) Evil Evil
N/A

Just spoke to PlusNet about getting my usage management lifted and they didnt understand why the team that do that hadn't done it already. I asked if they could contact the team that does that and they say they aren't in direct contact with them. They said 'Im Sorry, theres not a lot I can do here'..yeah right...

ah well i will continue to browse at 1k speeds until its lifted.
N/A

Left some stuff to come down via Newsgroups last night - had a look this morning and the speed kicked in at about 00:25 - I worked it out and it must have come down at about 170KB/s.

I am currently downloading at 0.5KB/s - why don't PLusnet just come out with it and say "we will throttle you back to nothing between the hours of 4pm - Midnight" instead of this "maximum 67KB/s" crap.

Oh look - no update on the ticket still......
Ben_Brown
Grafter

If your connection is being managed by us then the speeds will not be very high. We have taken this action to reduce the impact you have on our network and other customers connections.
N/A

chriscundy, alanburn.
Take the hint, cos they aint going to tell you outright.
Plusnet don't want you.
Things will be made bad for you until you go.
You will be fobbed of with excuses until you give in and go elsewhere.
N/A

whatever paul..i will be back with a vengance tomorrow. your sorry pittyfull words dont scare me!! LOL :lol:
N/A

If your connection is being managed by us then the speeds will not be very high. We have taken this action to reduce the impact you have on our network and other customers connections.

So tell me then bbrown - why does it say in the email that I received, I quote

"1. Ask to have peak-time management lifted, if you are prepared to reduce your usage. Your usage will be monitored for 7 days on a pro-rata basis for your product. If it continues to be unsustainable, 24/7 management will be applied indefinitely, with no option to lift the restriction. Raise a new query in the Contact Us wizard tool and follow the Sustainable Usage Policy Enquiries link - http://www.plus.net/my.html?action=tickets"

I've asked to have peak-management lifted via my ticket and am prepared to redue my usage during peak times - why are you not doing anything about it?

Even if you're not prepared to lift the management, have the courtesy to update my ticket and say so is that asking too much.
N/A

The ticket will be seen to when a member of staff gets to it. Until that happens, you'd still be on a managed profile, so your speeds would be poor.
N/A

Alan, My management got lifted today, keep on prodding until the get annoyed!! worked a treat for me Cheesy
N/A

Nice one chris, good result - I'll keep plugging away!!