cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2Wire 1800hg router

rob1969
Grafter

2Wire 1800hg router

Anyone tell me why when I look in my routers home network I have no computers come up? I feel something is set up wrong in my router.

I am having trouble with getting ports unblocked for bit torrent software and when I goto firewall settings I have two devices come up one must be my pc and the other maybe my mobile that I sometimes use via the router but Im not sure??

Anyway I have tried to do port forwarding from (Portforward.com) but I still get a nat error on my torrent sw, and when I try and test nat I get the message
"NAT error-connection to 212.**.***.***:52911 (your computer)refused"
I am ok downloading stuff but I am unable to have a remote connection thus disabling me from seeding and sharing torrents.
Anyone able to help me on this please?
38 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

2Wire 1800hg router

Hi,

I've not actually got round to trying port forwarding on that router.

I think this is the manual for it:

http://www.2wire.com/pages/pdfs/2Wire_1000_User_Guide.pdf
rob1969
Grafter

2Wire 1800hg router

Cheers mate, It doesn`t tell me much more than Portforward.com has told me though, I am begining to think its a problem with my connection..or something silly Im missing.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

2Wire 1800hg router

Only thing I can think of with the connection is the broadband firewall. If you've switched it on worth trying with it off (you'll need to disconnect/reconnect for the change to take effect).

Otherwise have you tried forwarding a different port or switching uPnP off in the client?
Community Veteran

Re: 2Wire 1800hg router

Anyone tell me why when I look in my routers home network I have no computers come up? I feel something is set up wrong in my router.

I've had similar problems with 1800HG and 2700HG and never could work out why some PCs were detected and others not.

Are you using a static IP on your PC or are you using DHCP on the router to give your PC an IP.

Try setting a static IP on PC within the range that DHCP uses then reboot the PC then the router. Then changed the PC back to DHCP, reboot the PC then the router and see if your PC shows up in the local network.

There is also an option on the 2700 to hide inactive PCs. Can't remember if the 1800 has the same thing but try turning that off so inactive PCs are shown on the local network page. Your PC may show up then and you should be able to select it in the firewall setup page.
rob1969
Grafter

2Wire 1800hg router

Only thing I can think of with the connection is the broadband firewall. If you've switched it on worth trying with it off (you'll need to disconnect/reconnect for the change to take effect).

Otherwise have you tried forwarding a different port or switching uPnP off in the client?

Yes I have turned off uPnP and it didnt make any difference Im afraid.
Peter yes I have got a static ip at least I think I have I have got "use the folowing ip" in the tcp settings in network connections.

And dtom if you mean the broadband firewall you provide I have not got that switched on, I just have the router one and the XP one which I configured to allow azureus.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

2Wire 1800hg router

Hmm, actually looks like the firewall's set on low. I wonder if it did that itself. May be worth trying it on off, but low should be fine.
rob1969
Grafter

2Wire 1800hg router

Hmm, actually looks like the firewall's set on low. I wonder if it did that itself. May be worth trying it on off, but low should be fine.

What firewall are you talking about mate?
James
Grafter

2Wire 1800hg router

Hi Bobby,

Dave's referring to the one that you can find here:

https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=firewall

You may have more joy if you turn it off.
rob1969
Grafter

2Wire 1800hg router

Ok will do ....didnt even know I had turned it on!

I turned it off but still getting "Computer refused" when I do a nat port test. And I get "Firewalled" message at the bottom of azureus I dont understand because I have opened ports etc following Portforward.com to the letter so I dont understand how I can still be firewalled?

I would like to just thank you guys for how quick you respond, I have been very critical of PlusNet etc in the past but glad I have stuck with it as its going great lately.
rob1969
Grafter

2Wire 1800hg router

Still having the same problems with my peer to peer software ,on my Netgear 1800HG router,As I have said before I have forwarded ports ec but still no joy,Anyone have any idea what i could try next?
The Incoming listen TCP port I am using for Azureus is 52911.

Hope Someone can help this is doing my head in!
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

2Wire 1800hg router

Do you have any other firewall software running? Are you using uPnP. As a test it's worthing disabling each temporarily to see if it makes a difference.
rob1969
Grafter

2Wire 1800hg router

Hello, No I only have windows firewall and the router firewall I have turned off the braodband firewall, I have disabled uPnP and none of those have made a difference,,
I can not connect to any seeders at all and Im unable to seed any torrents, It says at the bottom of azureus that I am firewalled, I have done everything to the letter directed by Portforward.com and no joy.
I cant understand how I can still be firewalled?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

2Wire 1800hg router

Can you try a different router or modem? Your profile shows up fine on the Ellacoya database so I'm wondering if it's something to do with the router itself.
rob1969
Grafter

2Wire 1800hg router

No Im afraid not I sold my netgear DG834 when Plusnet sent me this one.
Its so annoying, Have there been other reported problems with the 2wire 1800hg then?
I am supposedly running the latest firmware.

I expect you will say that I can have a replacement router if this one is faulty? If so I would appreciate it if I could send this one back to you when I recieve the replacement as I can not afford to be without an internet connection.