cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2Mb home = 2Mb business and not 2Mb home trial?

N/A

I'm one of the people on the BBP who's connection is now pretty much usable - but that's not what this topic is about.

I'm on the 2Mb Home (not Homeworker), but I'm finding it hard to find places to migrate too. From what I gather BT only recently launched Home 2Mb so as I understand it I'm actually on a 2Mb business account?

Can someone please clarify this? If I started on 1Mb home so why did I switch to business (without being told exactly that this was happening) and as far as I was aware you couldn't switch between home and business accounts?

I understand there is much confusion in this post, but if anyone could clear it up I'd be most grateful!

Thanks!

--Neil
12 REPLIES
jberry
Grafter

Hi there,

The current home 2M product is a 20:1 contention product from BT. The reason for this is that when the service was launched there was no 50:1 2M product. When the trial of the new product is complete we plan to mass migrate (transparently) all the home 2M users across to the 50:1 product.

Regards,
Josh Berry
N/A

This confused me as well.

From what I can gather, if you just got on the 2Mb Home (Not Homeworker) account yesterday then you are on a proper 50:1 contention.

If you have been on the advertised 2Mb Home (Not Homeworker) for the past few months then your contention is actually 20:1 not the 50:1 that you would expect.

So basically everyone who is moving and that has been on the 2Mb Home (Not Homeworker) for the past few months needs to migrate to a 2Mb 20:1 contention package.

I think this is correct, hopefully PN will clear this up.
N/A

your correct
with plusnet their is NO DIFFERENCE between the home and business 2mbit account (am i the only one who sees the con in this??) so everyone on a business 2mbit account is paying an extra £20+ a month for NOTHING
i also found out today that because of this i will have to migrate out onto a business account for 1 month with my new isp then drop it down to a homeuser account
my advise for ANYONE on a business 2mbit account is to drop it back to a homeuser account because both connections are IDENTICAL
N/A

Too late for them to do that now as the new 50:1 2mbit trials have just started, so all new users will be on a proper 50:1 not 20:1.

No, your not the only person to see the con in this. It's a big plus for the standard home 2mb connection users but a bit annoying if you have been a homeworker user for the past few months and paying an extra £20 each month.

[Moderator note by phil (acarr) : Please do not quote the entire contents of a previous thread]
Community Veteran

They may be identical in speed and contention (until Monday when home 2000 was introduced) , but the features and options available are different. A home product is not suitable for business use and the T&C state you must use a product appropriate for it's use.
N/A

Wow you guys respond quick!

So basically I have to migrate out to a business account (which with most IP's is £20-30 more) and then get them to drop it back?

And then I also have to pay Plus.net another £40 for next months "service" because they're about to take a direct debit for my 12kb/s 2Mb line in a few days - To soon to migrate - No MAC yet.

Wonder if I can get a £60+ refund from Plus.net for money it's about to cost me...

No I didn't think so either :-(
N/A

As has been suggested in the past, the best thing you can do is to contact the ISP you want to move to.

Ask if they will take you on on the account type you want, and be regraded straight after migration to the equivilant product that ISP provides.

I have seen this done in the past, but can't remember which ISPs allowed this.
N/A

Yeh thanks have been emailing a few ISPs.

I already know Demon won't (hassle at work with an account we're trying to upgrade, but was created incorrectly as home.) and I'm hoping Zen will.
N/A

just spoke to a guy at zen sales. all sorted. will downgrade immediatelly after migrating.

just waiting for my migration day now. woot! Cool
N/A

Wha?! I just spoke to Zen and I have to pay for a month at Office 2Mb (£83) then downgrade for a £35 fee!

Do you know who you spoke to please? And are you on Home 2Mb as well?
N/A

on the home 2meg here as well. 20:1 contention. no idea what his name was tho Sad crap at names, great with numbers Smiley

i just called their sales team thats all and said i have no prob with the downgrade fee but want to downgrade straight away
N/A

Yeh just downgrading mine now (to Home 1Mb) - £14.99