cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2MBit upgrade complete being throttled at 512K

N/A

I appear to have been upgraded to 2MBit.
However even though my router has now synced at 2272 kbps, i've rebooted, but both the Plusnet and ADSLGuide speed checker are still reporting a normal 512K speed of 488.60kbps and 483kbps.

I've looked at raising a ticket, but it says an admin charge may apply when reporting speed problems, when I just need Plusnet to unthrottle me at their end.

Dave Green
14 REPLIES
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Your account has been updated to the new speed now. Please disconnect and reconnect your modem/router and try the connection again.
N/A

All working correctly now at 2MBit!

Many thanks for the upgrade.

Dave Green
N/A

I was contacted on 24th June by PlusNet and told I was being upgraded to 2MBit. For the last few days my modem has been reporting a connection speed of 2272 kbps but speed test have been reporting between 475 and 495 kbps.

As with green65 I was going to raise a ticket but decided against when I saw mention of a possible charge.

PN whats the score?
N/A

I have the same problem. The connection speed is reported as being 2.2Mbps but my download speeds have not increaced at all since the upgrade. I have an internal PCI modem.

What do I need to do to make use of the upgraded speed?

Thanks.
N/A

Hi kanda and berkut,

Welcome to the forums.

Give support a ring on 0845 1400200 and tell them you have been upgraded and ask them to lift the throttle.

you should be sorted in a few minutes.
LiamM
Grafter

There is no charge. The upgrade is free, the change just needs to be reflected at Plusnet's end before you'll get the fast speeds.
N/A

slow connections

i migrated from Pipex on the understanding that my internet connection was going to be 2Mb. I am conatantly connecting according to my PCI modem at 576kbps giving me a downstream speed of around 450/500. I have investigated for days to resolve - any ideas guys? :shock:
N/A

Hi and welcome,

You will have been migrated in on a like for like product first. If you have selected to be upgraded 2mb then this will follow.

When did you migrate?
MysteryFCM
Grafter

Downstream 1764 Kbps (220.5 KB/sec) 1905 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 212 Kbps (26.5 KB/sec) 228 Kbps (inc. overheads)

Downstream is pretty good but my upstream seems to be lacking a bit?? (recently upgraded (finalised a couple days ago) to 2MBps)

Speed test performed via: http://www.adslguide.org.uk/tools/speedtest.asp
LiamM
Grafter

Thats not too bad.

Unfortunately, it doesn't matter what your downstream speed is... your upload will always be set at 256k.
MysteryFCM
Grafter

Sad there any way of increasing it?? (I love to dream, hehe)
zeddy

I have been upgraded to 2mb connection but my modem is reporting a connection of 1.1mb ;(
do i have to ask pn to increase my throttle also or will they do that anyway? I was on 512k connection.
zeddy

i just did a speed test
Result: 476.6 kbps
N/A

migration from pipex

Mark,

thanks for your help, i contatced pn, they claim that my migration was not actioned correctly and are upgrading as we speak. thx again Tongue