cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2MB Resedential limits and restrictions

N/A

Can anybody shed any light on what limits and restrictions have been put in place on the 2mb resendential accounts??

I am what plusnet would call a heavy user. The last correspondance i received was to say they +net decided NOT to implement any download limits, hence setting expectations that there would be no penalisation of heavy usage.

Now i find my bandwidth throttled back to almost nothing almost constantly yet still i am charged for 2mb bandwidth!!??

for the last week or so i'm lucky to 40KB/s.

anybody else experiencing thisHuh?Huh
6 REPLIES
N/A

N/A

thanks homely, but there's nothing conclusive in there either!?

seems to point to a 3rd party doing it but i can't see how they would target applications without investigating your PC.

I note few answers from plusnet staff. perhaps this lack of enthusiasm to engage the customer on this topic is telling us somethingHuh?!!

I had seen a bit of text somewhere on the +net site informing of a BT problem with 1mb pipes affecting veeryone and that exchanges were being upgraded. does this problem still exist?

the usertools/exchanges shows the exchange has 'green' lights so i presume there is no problem at the exchange.
N/A

suec45
Grafter

I have asked this question before and have been told that you will be contacted by PN if you are causing a problem with your downloading habits.

So if you havent been contacted then I assume you are fine.

How much per month do you use to call yourself a heavy user?
N/A

i use less than half the capability of the line.
suec45
Grafter

Lol and what does that mean.

How much per month in GB