cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2M Premier account limiting torrents

N/A

Hi,

Anyone seen Torrents limited on a 2M premier account?? I'm pretty sure its a PN fault but am now seeing all torrent downloads limited to 48kB/sec (looks like 512kbps to me). Initially I saw 100kB/sec for a couple of hours but for the last couple of days its dropped.

All other web downloads are running upwards of 240kB/sec.

When I joined plusnet a couple of weeks ago all downloads were limited to 512kbps even though I applied for 2M premier and all of PN systems said I was on 2M.

After many support tickets and 2hours plus on the technical support line i _finally_ convinced them they should log in as me on their system and what do you know :idea: , it was limited to 512 Cheesy

looks like something screwy is still going on to me.
7 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

Torrents and P2P by it's very nature have very up and down speeds.

I've downloaded some popular torrents recently and get near full speed and then others grind away slowly.

Plusnet do not limit any traffic on the Premier product.

Are you using a router? If so, have you got your torrent ports forwarded?
N/A

Hi,

Have been using torrents for the 18 months or so, router is forwarded etc Smiley

I tried the test torrent referenced in the other threads on the forums and was only gettting total torrent d/l of 48kB/sec yesterday evening. I tried this torrent on its own and also with other torrents yesterday and the d/l stayed constant at 48kB/sec, therefore not a seed/peer issue.

I also tried the test torrent first thing this morning and was getting 200kB/sec.

I know PN don't traffic shape on a 2M Premier, but as per previous post I was only getting 512kbps initially on my 2M connection due to PN server side error...

Assuming I am being limited, do you know what times of the day traffic shaping occurs on the Plus account?
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

Hi there,

Traffic shaping on BB+ will be more noticable when the network is busy.

Kind Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

willhome
Grafter

yeh BB+ not Premier which hes asking about
N/A

Re: 2M Premier account limiting torrents

Hi,

Anyone seen Torrents limited on a 2M premier account?? I'm pretty sure its a PN fault but am now seeing all torrent downloads limited to 48kB/sec (looks like 512kbps to me).

All fine here, just the usual mixture of leachers cause them to slow down (grab and run seems the way) Sad
Alecto
Grafter

Try downloading the torrent on this page.

If everything's set up right, it should download at 200k+ within a couple of minutes.
N/A

Check your client settings

Check that your Bittorrent clinet is not capping your download speed - e.g. if you are using Azureus, and set it up for a 512KBit connection and then got re-graded to 2-MBit, your client would cap the download speed at the original level, so you would need to re-run the wizard or change setup.