cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£25.00 hosting fee's

Marteknet
Grafter

£25.00 hosting fee's

Can anyone tell me what the £25.00 per year hosting fee per domain are for ?
27 REPLIES
N/A

Hosting Fee's

Hi,

Well I'm not entirely sure? but I dont think fee's are charged for customers who have mainstream F9 accounts, such as Braodband 512k & 1MG. Frankly I would be most surpised if this was the case as it would be the first I've heard about it? Unless F9 Plusnet have some new hosting fee policy all of a sudden. I have several accounts & several websites under F9 which dont currently incurr hosting fee's. I was under the desinct impression that F9 customer's got a free .co.uk domain name with their account and that any website was part of the customer / Users package deal and that no hosting fee's would be charged with the said package or account.

**Yes! some accounts are very different so I'm not sure which dont and which might get hosting fee's charged against them.

However I do know that if you have a FREE F9 account (many moons ago F9 did offer free dialup accounts) or perhaps they are now called PAYG accounts or have a Free-Online account and you have your own domain name which is then transferred into F9 or Free-Online then YES! you will incurr a £25 per year hosting fee. I know as I have just been through this process for a good friend and I paid her hosting fee's for the first year as an Xmas gift. The hosting fee was made clear to me from the outset and it was in B&W on the portal so in my case I have no complaint.

Ivan Cool
N/A

£25.00 hosting fee's

Yes, £25 per year to simply have Force9 host a domain on their DNS servers does seem a bit steep to me, especially as you get 3 (?) domains hosted on home paying accounts.

Is that all it covers or do you get more for your £25?

Jarv
Marteknet
Grafter

£25.00 hosting fee's

I was wondering what proportion if any of this £25.00 goes towards web space costs?
N/A

£25.00 hosting fee's

Hello Again,

No! F9 didnt specify any details of what the actual £25 fee overs, it was just stated as a hosting fee full stop.

As far as I can tell hosting fees only apply to certain accounts like Free Accounts or PAYG or perhaps some business accounts or certain specific circumstances? like where you transfer in a domain name from a third party such as 123 domains i.e. externally purchased domains where the registration fee is NOT paid to F9. The name is bought from someone other than F9 Plusnet.

On second thoughts perhaps that is why F9 charge the hosting fee's as a way to make up for any loss of revenu they might have otherwise have made from the re-registation process. (if you have a domain with F9, Plusnet get the benefit or part of the benefit from the re-regisration process i.e. some kind of fee or commission perhaps but I'm not sure though? I just wonder about this?).

Ivan
Marteknet
Grafter

£25.00 hosting fee's

I had a old self-install home ADSL account I think I was allowed three domains.

I had
www.martek-net.co.uk
www.martek.force9.co.uk (comes with account)
www.regencyint.co.uk (expired)
www.regencyint.com

I added a new one through force9 www.petsallsorts.co.uk, didn't transfer it in, paid the registration fee to force9 and was charged an extra £25.00 for housing this domain. I guess its because the new domain was over and above the domain allowance.

Later I was asked by force9 to change my account to a business based type, I did this and changed to a Teleworker account. Before the change I had 250 mbyte webspace now I only have 100 mbyte.

What puzzles me is that I have paid the £25.00 housing fee for this domain and I think I may be also paying £1.00 per month for extra domains, why am I limited to 100 mbyte webspace, surely having paid the extra charges for the housing this domain I would get some extra webspace to house it in.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

£25.00 hosting fee's

Hi,

Most of our accounts allow you to host 3 domains without charge. Some of the Business accounts allow 5 without charge, and there are none on Pay As You Go.

Any domains added to an account above these figures is charged the £25 hosting fee.

Extra domains don't however add extra webspace, this is set per account type rather than the number of domains.
Marteknet
Grafter

£25.00 hosting fee's

Most of our accounts allow you to host 3 domains without charge. Some of the Business accounts allow 5 without charge, and there are none on Pay As You Go.

I had these domain it the time on a home account which i beleave allows for housing of three domains.
www.martek-net.co.uk
www.martek.force9.co.uk (comes with account)
www.regencyint.co.uk (expired)
www.regencyint.com

Please note the expired domain which I had earlier asked about clearing off my account and was told it would clear automatically (but didn't).

So is the generic domain www.martek.force9.co.uk counted as a true domain. Its not quite the same as a true url like www.martek-net.co.uk it's a sort of secondary or sub-domain.

You can see where this is leading. If the generic domain isn't counted then I still had one free domain housing left.
N/A

£25.00 hosting fee's

I have three domains plus my generic domain hosted on my ADSL home account:

www.djarv.co.uk (purchased from freeparking.co.uk)
www.jarvpcs.co.uk (purchased from freeparking.co.uk)
www.mjarv.co.uk (£1 per month from force9)
and
www.jarvis.f9.co.uk

I have not been charged any hosting fees.

Jarv
Marteknet
Grafter

£25.00 hosting fee's

Thanks for the info Jarv, time I got on the customer support again ..... huge groan ... grumble... mutter ... thinking is all the hassle worth £25. well deep breath here we go again. *od it I will do it tomorrow don't want to spoil a day that's been good so far.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

£25.00 hosting fee's

Hi,

The force9 address isn't included in the number of domain names.
Marteknet
Grafter

Over charged

If that is the case I have been overcharged £25.00 as the only to "live" domains I had at the time I added the www.petsallsorts.co.uk domain were www.martek-net.co.uk and www.regencyint.com. The www.regencyint.co.uk expired and should have been removed as I indicated I no longer required it to be kept in :-
Ticket: 11521809 Closed
Raised: 2004-04-25 02:01:23 by: You
2004-04-25
02:01:23
You
Closed : DOMAIN REGISTRATION RENEWALS CHOICE RECIEVED

The user has requested that the domain regencyint.co.uk not be renewed.

and domain http://www.regencyint.co.uk expired on 2004-05-30

How do I go about getting a refund as I have been over charged because at the time I added www.petsallsorts.co.uk I had a self install home (premier) account which I believe had and allowance of three free housed domains and I was only using two.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

£25.00 hosting fee's

If you raise a ticket and explain the situation the billing team should be able to sort it.
Marteknet
Grafter

£25.00 hosting fee's

If you raise a ticket and explain the situation the billing team should be able to sort it.

Hi Dave as you can see from below I have contacted support and not heard a peep from them what now ?

Here are the tickets :-

Ticket: 15716848 Open
Raised: 2005-01-03 19:17:31 by: You
2005-01-03
19:17:31
You
Open : [Support Wizard Journey]
[Billing]
[Other Enquiry - Please inform Wizard Admin if any change to the wizard is required]
[Additional Information]
It seems that I have been overcharged by £25.00 for domain housing for the domain http://www.petsallsorts.co.uk as the only two "live" domains at the time I added it these were http://www.martek-net.co.uk and http://www.regencyint.com. The http://www.regencyint.co.uk expired and should have been removed as I indicated I no longer required it to be kept in :-
Ticket: 11521809 Closed
Raised: 2004-04-25 02:01:23 by: You
2004-04-25
02:01:23
You
Closed : DOMAIN REGISTRATION RENEWALS CHOICE RECIEVED

The user has requested that the domain regencyint.co.uk not be renewed.

and domain http://www.regencyint.co.uk expired on 2004-05-30

How do I go about getting a refund as I have been over charged because at the time I added http://www.petsallsorts.co.uk I had a self install home (premier) account which I believe had and allowance of three free housed domains and I was only using two.

And the second Ticket as the first hadn't been assigned or replied to.

2005-01-05
10:41:51
You
Open : still awaiting your reply on this
lhorwath
Grafter

£25.00 hosting fee's

Hi Martek,

I've answered both tickets on your account.

kind regards

Luke