cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

24mb

Community Veteran

24mb

You lot are going to kill me for this but:

Any idea when 24mb speeds will be appearing on PN (via llu obviously)?
9 REPLIES
Community Veteran

24mb

All depends on...

1) PN meeting their 20K LLU target
2) Tiscali get enough LLU connections on an echange to make it commercially viable to install the ADSL2+ kit that supports the higher speed.
3) England winning the world cup Wink

When this is likely to happen I don't know, and I suspect due to 2, PN or Tiscali don't know either.
James
Grafter

24mb

Basically as Peter has stated. Although I don't fancy the chances if we knock Italy out of the World Cup Smiley
Community Veteran

24mb

cool thanks guys I'll have to make sure I actually watch and cheer on england in their next match... Tongue
Community Veteran

24mb

Oh Look theres some pigs flying over the horizon, oh no its just England being booted out of Germany!!!!

Looks like we are stuck on up to 8mb for the forseeable future!
csogilvie
Grafter

24mb

Yeah, definetly no chance of 24mb for at least 4 years.
N/A

24mb

and when it does , it will be traffic shaped from 2 MB of data download I assume. It seems that the caps are inversely proportional to speed.
N/A

24mb

All the tiscali LLU exchanges already support 24 mrg. It just needs activating. Wether there is enough bach haul in to support everybody at those higher speeds though is another matter.

Having said that, dont get to excited, as unless you are really close it wont make a bit of difference to you. My line length is just under 4ks. I have had 24+ enabled on my line for testing and it made no difference. I friend of mine who has a line length of 700m has also had it enabled and she only managed 18 meg. So unless your on the door step of the exchange it ownt make much difference
Community Veteran

24mb

My line length is just under 4ks. I have had 24+ enabled on my line for testing and it made no difference ...

It may have made no difference to your speed, but another good thing about ADSL2+ is the alleged seamless rate adaption to noise compared to MaxDSL which causes all sorts of problems and support calls to PN.

BT are clearly going to tuff it out until they start rolling ADSL2+ as part of the 21CN in 2008.

SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
James
Grafter

24mb

Yeah, definetly no chance of 24mb for at least 4 years.
That's only in Scotland, Colin.