cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

24% Churn (Turnover) for UK Broadband ISP's

retep
Grafter

24% churn per year, would you be happier with a new ISP supplier?

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/cgi-bin/news/viewnews.cgi?id=EEFpFklFAFmwmhQcbk

I have been unhappy to say the least with Plusnet as they implemented changes to keep up with other ISP's but all of them are doing it - it seems!

MaxDSL was my problem which has settled down for now for me at least usually with 1.5Mb and sometimes .5Mb which is a on average a little better than my stable pre MaxDSL 1Mb service.

Just a thought for anyone about to jump ship.

Peter.
7 REPLIES
retep
Grafter

Okay Just notice its almost a year old. Bet its higher now!
N/A

Re; Jumping ship ...

"They're bad but all the rest are worse" is hardly a compliment (!)
retep
Grafter

Did I say 'the rest are worse'? I don't thing so.
N/A

Cry
Prior to upgrade to "up to 8Mbps" was on average experiencing 950Kbps downloads.

Queried with PN (well after the 10days settling in period?)and was told someone in PN (in error!!) had a "restricted speed" on this connection. Following further e-mails speed increased and for one glorious period 2.3Mbps was recorded. It did not last for long?

On the 11th October speed dropped to 450-480Kbps and there it has stayed, never up or down!! Further e-mails followed from PN (usual non-sense, virus, spyware, hardware etc., all of which I had checked before contacting PN, do they think we are are all idiots!!)

In conclusion PN have 7 days (24th October) and then a MAC code and I`m off!!!! My advice to anyone who reads this find a new ISP
N/A

I take it that 24% is the UK average. I wonder what +Net's figure is?? Anybody know? Would they dare tell us?
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

I would very much doubt that PlusNet would release such information, but around the time that that article was written PlusNet said that their church rate was significantly below the industry average.

Phil
shellsong
Grafter

...PlusNet said that their church rate was significantly below the industry average.

Does that mean they won't get a decent christian burial? Cheesy