cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

24/7 support

N/A

24/7 support

First time for a long time that I had to put it to the test but my 3am call to telephone support was answered promptly by a helpful, wide-awake chap - which on a Bank Holiday weekend Sunday morning is quite exceptional. The promise of 24/7 support was the #2 reason I joined PlusNet (#1 was the misleading "Unlimited" Premier promise) and it's good to know that at least one part of the PlusNet promise still holds firm.

(Not that he was able to help me much: my numerous attempts to maintain a connection between 2am and, now (5am) have been abortive, the longest connection being 60secs... BT report the line OK and I have been scheduled for a woosh test -- but unfortunately the woosh testers aren't on duty 24/7.)

Simon
8 REPLIES
N/A

24/7 support

I seem to have come out of the 3-hour black hole finally although I don't know how long it will last. Is it possible that PN did something to me? BT say the line has been A1 all the time - and there are no coloured lights at my exchange status. And of course, I haven't changed anything at my end. Hmm.

Simon
N/A

24/7 support

Connection has been sound since 7am. I wonder if the black hole could have been somehow caused by an almighty and beautiful electrical storm here which coincided with the start of my problem... (which is why I was awake, and why I discovered the connection problem).

Simon
ceridwen
Grafter

24/7 support

Simon,

I suggest you catch up on some sleep - talking to yourself on a forum thread doesn't seem too healthy ;-)

Matthew
csogilvie
Grafter

24/7 support

If Christmas Tree lights can affect ADSL, I suspect an electrical storm is a good bet Cheesy
N/A

24/7 support

pr100 are you on a router or modem
N/A

24/7 support

Netgear DG824M router

Simon
N/A

24/7 support

just out of intrest have you tried another router or even better have you used a modem cos i went through a very long 3 week support issue where bt said my line is fine, but until i got my mac key it suddenly stopped happeing
N/A

24/7 support

Yes, I have a spare router and it doesn't improve anything. In fact, this particular problem has been cured for the moment but it seems to recur every few weeks.

Simon