cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

22:39 e-mail is still down despite status page statement

Community Veteran

The email system still appears to be down I tried at 21:40 with no joy and now at 22:40.

Is it down again or what?

error message as follows

Task 'Checking for new mail in subscribed folders on forums.' reported error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Outlook is unable to download folder (null) from the IMAP e-mail server for account forums. Error: Unable to connect to the server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

Webmail is also refusing logon. Are other people still affected?

A
29 REPLIES
rammie1976
Grafter

Yeah won't log-on.
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

Well mine seems to be OK? I had a few sporadic disconnects / fail to connect around 10:00 but since then it's been fine.

Maurice
N/A

I'm still having problems too, as i said in the other topic:

I had 2 e-mails in webmail this morning... came home... connected to e-mail only 1 downloaded (which wasn't one of the ones in webmail earlier in the morning), now there's nothing in webmail. So i've lost at least 2 emails.

Also, only 1 of my mailboxes is connecting. My other 2 mailboxes keep returning this error:

Sending of password did not succeed. Mail server mail.plus.net responded: Maildir: No such file or directory
Community Veteran

I posted to the other topic but wondered if pn considered it closed since they updated the status page. That's why i raised another post to hopefully highlight it again.

A
aetos
Grafter

See the thread

Mail Servers Down Again?

MArk
N/A

my email down all evening - this is what i am getting :

"Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'Leo', Server: 'mail.plus.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F"

what is going on plusnet Huh?
rapalla
Grafter

mail still timing out 0640 this morning..... thought it was sorted?
N/A

I've got 8 mailboxes, 6 of which were refusing login at about 10pm last night. 3 seem to have revived overnight, but not the one that may contain an important message!!

I've raised a ticket, but it's reassuring to know that other people are experiencing similar problems.

Andrew Perry.
Alecto
Grafter

Mail OK here at 8 am Thursday.
rammie1976
Grafter

Two of my email 'aliases' still won't log on this morning.
JonathanW
Grafter

Hmm, most of my accounts are working normally this morning, the only one that is still having difficulties is on a username that begins with 'ah' so I believe that this is related to the work that they were carrying out to rectify the problems yesterday.

Networks are still working on the problem and we'll be posting a further update to service status later on this morning.
rammie1976
Grafter

There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: '*****', Server: 'mail.plus.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Maildir: No such file or directory', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'N***@plus.net', Server: 'mail.plus.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Maildir: No such file or directory', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

Are the two responses I'm getting
rapalla
Grafter

I still cannot collect my mail 0940 hours. Always timing out!
N/A

Networks are still working on the problem and we'll be posting a further update to service status later on this morning.

Surely it would be better to post a service update letting people know that there still are problems, instead of waiting until they're fixed before posting an update?