Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

21 days and still no sign of ADSL !

N/A

Ok its 21 days !
Were is my Broadband ?
Im on DSL Connect 250 package.
I have herd that it goes through Tisscali's network and if i cant get it with there ADSL Checker why could i get it with yours for the same package ?
Shouldn' t there be some kind of link between the two ?
I come with Plus Net because of the great service and helpfullness my friends have been bragging about. Hopefully i can stay with you and go for a better ADSL Package. But still some one answer me, i have had no info about my account at all. Except from when you wanted my payment details and took the money out as soon as i gave you my details :shock: .
Now i know you need it to pay for stuff but come on.
6 REPLIES
lhorwath
Grafter

Hi there,

It appears that your exchange has reached capacity with regards datastream. Our supplier has told us they are increasing the number of ports, but they cannot give us an ETA for completion. Realistically this could take weeks. We can either wait for the supplier to do this or we can try and put you on an IPstream 512 product.

regards

Luke
N/A

To avoid confusion, datastream is the Tiscali network and IPstream is the normal BT system. They are two different systems and use different equipment at the exchange.
So, even if the Tiscali datastream has reached capacity at your exchange, you could still get on IPstream (BT). Standard 512k IPstream costs more than 250k Datastream (DSL connect)
N/A

I will have to disscus this further with my parents as they are the ones paying for it. My mum says w8 a few weeks and see as i am off on my Duke Of Edinburgh expeditions in Easter. Plus is there any difference in liek Pings between the two types ?
As i would like to play a lot more online games.
If some one could give me the Pros and Cons if there are any that would be very helpfull.
N/A

Go for the full 512k ADSL service. this will improve your connection speed and improve online gaming

Smiley

hope to help.
N/A

Thanks but i rly need a bit more info about it. Like wats the difference in pings is there much will it affect gaming. Just wanna no the differences. Like does it have a good connection time or is it more likley to drop ?

Thanks for any help so far.
Phantom_Flan_Fl
Grafter

Personally I don't think your ping will be affected enough to notice any problems while gaming.

Maybe try a post in the games section asking for ping times from people on the different speeds for the games you want to play.