cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

20gb Cap on Premier

N/A

20gb Cap on Premier

As the subject heading says, would PlusNet put in place such a cap and do the new terms & conditions allow them to do so?
11 REPLIES
Community Veteran

20gb Cap on Premier

The new T&C do allow them to, but the figures you have quoted are pure speculation by whomever said it and not based on any factual information. It is just another ruse to make people think PN are imposing caps when they are not.
Community Veteran

20gb Cap on Premier

If PN are not imposing caps - why are they contacting people regarding their usage?

The winds of change are about to blow - can't you feel it? Smiley
N/A

20gb Cap on Premier

The new T&C do allow them to, but the figures you have quoted are pure speculation by whomever said it and not based on any factual information. It is just another ruse to make people think PN are imposing caps when they are not.

i'll laugh my socks off if i am right tho :shock:
N/A

20gb Cap on Premier

That subject heading should carry a health warning, almost gave me a heart attack :lol:
Community Veteran

20gb Cap on Premier

You have to admit, one key factor in the retention of customers is that people just stick around to see what will happen next.

It has become quite amusing in a macbre sort of way. Similar to accidents on the motorway, you curse all the rubberneckers in front of you, but as you go past, you just cant help but have a quick glance yourself...

Roll on the 16th - I like surprises! No spoiling it anyone.
N/A

20gb Cap on Premier

chesterfield, i believe you will be getting a personal download of 300gb per month :-)

hope plusnet sort everything out, the last thing they need is more unhappy customers. I have had my ups and downs with all the mods some of the regular posters, and i suppose if i am honest will miss it, but it is time for me personnally to move on.

but i agree, i am addicted to these forums at the mo
N/A

20gb Cap on Premier

one thing for sure if they capped the service they wouldnt need the stupid shaping so much as once someone over the cap they pretty much fucked
Community Veteran

20gb Cap on Premier

I think the sophistication of the hardware will allow for a completely unshaped service to a point, and then once you reach that point you are personally subject to shaping, the more you exceed that point, the more you are shaped.

However how a determination is made between someone who downloads 20/30GB of P2P and someone who downloads 20/30GB of HTTP remains to be seen.

It needs to be some pretty advanced stuff in order to only shape those who use P2P in an unsustainable manner, and those who simply use the same ammount of data via other traffic.
N/A

20gb Cap on Premier

One of the only reasons we joined PlusNet was because of their no download caps (I even mailed them to get verification on this), if they do go back on what they told me and change it suddenly we will be moving ISP's shortly after.
Community Veteran

20gb Cap on Premier

Well you see therein lies the unrest - there are no download caps as such, you just get your speed on various applications squeezed.

However, apparently people downloading over 100GB per month on a regular basis are being asked to calm down or ship out.

At the moment there is a lot of speculation as to what is happening, I for one think it may be worthwhile just waiting to see what happens.
N/A

20gb Cap on Premier

20gb, that's a way to low suggestion. I use around 40gb a month, and I'm not a heavily P2P user, infact I only use it once a week, if that. And when I am using it, I'm only downloading about 200mb, and uploading about 70mb - so people can't say anyone who uses over 20gb a month is a heavy p2p user.

20gb, I wouldn't be able to do anything *removes this suggestion from his memory, so he doesn't ever think about it again*