cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

20% Success Rate?

N/A

20% Success Rate?

Being new to the internet I was, until recently, blissfully unaware of such problems as an inability to connect and those connections once gained being constantly dropped. Since subscribing to Plusnets Lite User package I have found that I can only achieve a connection in around one in five attempts. After finally getting through to the server I then find that this connection is regularly being dropped (it in fact failed while writing this). Is this a normal situation or, being a newcomer, am I just being naive about what can be expected with a contention ratio of 1:15?
--
1 REPLY
N/A

RE: 20% Success Rate?

> Being new to the internet I was, until recently, blissfully unaware of such problems as an inability to connect and those connections once gained being constantly dropped. Since subscribing to Plusnets Lite User package I have found that I can only achieve a connection in around one in five attempts. After finally getting through to the server I then find that this connection is regularly being dropped (it in fact failed while writing this). Is this a normal situation or, being a newcomer, am I just being naive about what can be expected with a contention ratio of 1:15?
>
> --
>

Hi,

With a contended account you may find that a peak times that you cannot connect first time and you will have to redial. You should not however get disconnected, this indicates a possible fault on your line/account or at your exchange. Please raise a ticket to support via the Contact Us link with as much details as you have.

Kind Regards,
Rob
--
| Robert Kelly.....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support...................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd...........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----