cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Hour D/C ? V92 ?

N/A

2 Hour D/C ? V92 ?

Hi,

I am returning from the dark side (BT) back to Plusnet\F9 and just wondered what the D/C time is, if at all any? And do you support V92 yet? If not when?

Also how about a bonus on my referals Up until last week I worked for a certain ISP who thought it in thier customers best interest to move thier support services to India. So I have spent the last month recommending F9\Plusnet. :-)

And if anyone from that “ISP” is reading this, and is annoyed, you should be pleased that I have choose to register an account with Plus Net. Not remove CLI\Security details in IMS to hijack a customer’s account – like everyone else :-p
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran

RE: 2 Hour D/C ? V92 ?

> Hi,
>
> I am returning from the dark side (BT) back to Plusnet\F9 and just wondered what the D/C time is, if at all any? And do you support V92 yet? If not when?
>

Colin

I remember reading somewhere on this portal that the V92 trial had been discontinued and it had proved to show no benefits.
So I think that Plus dont support it now.

No doubt Plusnet can confirm this? or correct me if I am wrong.
--
Regards
John
http://www.hmrg.co.uk
N/A

RE: 2 Hour D/C ? V92 ?

> Hi,
>
> I am returning from the dark side (BT) back to Plusnet\F9 and just wondered what the D/C time is, if at all any? And do you support V92 yet? If not when?
>
> Also how about a bonus on my referals Up until last week I worked for a certain ISP who thought it in thier customers best interest to move thier support services to India. So I have spent the last month recommending F9\Plusnet. :-)
>
> And if anyone from that “ISP” is reading this, and is annoyed, you should be pleased that I have choose to register an account with Plus Net. Not remove CLI\Security details in IMS to hijack a customer’s account – like everyone else :-p
>

Good Evening,

There are no 2 hour cut offs on our fixed rate Connect accounts unlike some other ISP's. There is a 10 minute 'idle timeout' to protect you from leaving the connection running and forgetting to disconnect.

Unfortunately due to low demand for the v.92 trial we have decided to discontinue the trial service effective immediately.

Overall the trial has been disappointing, data transfer via v.92 has generally been proven to be slower than when using a comparable v.90 modem on the same trial connection. It has also been noted that in practice the protocol has not lived up to specification, especially the modem on hold feature that was the most promising feature specified.

Regards,

Martin

--
| Martin Cundell......................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support..............................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd.................@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----