cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Domains>2 Websites

N/A

2 Domains>2 Websites

Hi I have 2 domains (mine & girlfriend's) and want to point each to a different site on the webspace.

The FAQs indicate that index.htm must be in the htdocs root.

Does this mean that I can only have 1 index page within the webspace and all domains point to that??

Mapping jcdevine.co.uk to Jude's pages at /htdocs/jude/index.htm still brings up my site.

I could do this with a new index page with links to the 2 sites on it, but would prefer not to have to do this.

Any ideas?
Thanks
Shaun
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: 2 Domains>2 Websites

> Hi I have 2 domains (mine & girlfriend's) and want to point each to a different site on the webspace.

> Does this mean that I can only have 1 index page within the webspace and all domains point to that??

> Mapping jcdevine.co.uk to Jude's pages at /htdocs/jude/index.htm still brings up my site.

> I could do this with a new index page with links to the 2 sites on it, but would prefer not to have to do this.

Hi there,

You can use the hosting directory in My Domains to do this. Stick one of the sites in a different directory and you're away!#

The changes aren't immediate, they take place when the servers refresh at 4am, which is why you didn't see the changes straight away.

Regards,
Mike

--
| Mike Grice....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support.....................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd.........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

> Hi there,

Blinkin' flip that was quick, thanks Mike
>
> You can use the hosting directory in My Domains to do this. Stick one of the sites in a different directory and you're away!#

Done that
>
> The changes aren't immediate, they take place when the servers refresh at 4am, which is why you didn't see the changes straight away.

Aha, that'll be why then - cheers.
N/A

> > Hi there,
>
> Blinkin' flip that was quick, thanks Mike

We aim to please Wink

> > You can use the hosting directory in My Domains to do this. Stick one of the sites in a different directory and you're away!#
>
> Done that

Good good

> > The changes aren't immediate, they take place when the servers refresh at 4am, which is why you didn't see the changes straight away.

> Aha, that'll be why then - cheers.

No worries. If you get stuck you know where we are.

Regards,
Mike

--
| Mike Grice....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support.....................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd.........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----