Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1st need to moan - sloooowww VPN

N/A

Hi,

What's with VPN throughput tonight?

Firstly I must say well done to Plusnet for this being first time I feel the need to moan about throughput.

Secondly shame on you for me having to!

Back to my question! When VPN'd to work the ping responses are between 620ms and 670ms. In the end I dialled in to get better responses!

Speed tests (adslguide/plusnet) suggest 6Mbps even @ peak times. I can only assume traffic classification/prioritisation is wrong.

Oh and this was using a Cisco client (both Windows and Linux). Also went next door (different ISP, same exchange) and it flew!

Any chance you can fix this Plus? (a call has been raised but will give the HD a chance to answer).

Regards,

Stuart.

-edited to alter title
4 REPLIES
N/A

PN have already said the trouble is encrypted P2P traffic, and they intend to attempt to fix it tomorrow.
N/A

I had the same problem (VPN only) and they sorted it by manually allowing the defaul UDP port used my IPSec client...
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

Do you have the details of the ports the VPN is using? It's possible that the VPN doesn't have a signature in the Ellacoya database so isn't being set at the right priority. If you can add the details to a ticket the network guys can check it out and add the details as necessary.
N/A

Thanks chaps,

I'll add the detail to call...I'll assume this'll fix it for all the Cisco client users that have a standard config?

Stuart.

FWIW, P2P is the last thing on my mind as it's unusable at present - encrypted or not!