cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1mb and 2mb ADSL

N/A

1mb and 2mb ADSL

Is there any more information available about plusnet releasing faster ADSL products? Smiley)

It seems Nildram have announced some products recently along with a few other ISP's, I know there was a post about a month ago saying plusnet were looking into faster products but no news since.
6 REPLIES
N/A

RE: 1mb and 2mb ADSL

> Is there any more information available about plusnet releasing faster ADSL products? Smiley)
>
> It seems Nildram have announced some products recently along with a few other ISP's, I know there was a post about a month ago saying plusnet were looking into faster products but no news since.

Plusnet as aleading provider of internet services have again been left at the starting gate of technology.

By the time plusnet form their committee to look into the new idieas going round eveyone else has got them.

--
Reset
N/A

> > Is there any more information available about plusnet releasing faster ADSL products? Smiley)
> >
> > It seems Nildram have announced some products recently along with a few other ISP's, I know there was a post about a month ago saying plusnet were looking into faster products but no news since.
>
>
> Plusnet as aleading provider of internet services have again been left at the starting gate of technology.
>
> By the time plusnet form their committee to look into the new idieas going round eveyone else has got them.
>
>
I am surprised by your comments here Reset, we are already looking into the feasability of offering faster Broadband products to Home users. Any news regarding furture new products will be announced via the portal and newsgroups.

Kind Regards,
Rob
--
| Robert Kelly.....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support...................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd...........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

> Is there any more information available about plusnet releasing faster ADSL products? Smiley)
>
> It seems Nildram have announced some products recently along with a few other ISP's, I know there was a post about a month ago saying plusnet were looking into faster products but no news since.

I'm interested!
I'm still paying our for my 2MB 20:1 ADSL and I closed my business.
I'm *very* interested in a 2MB 50: connection, especially with the Nildram price quoted on adslguide.
I think these new offers are based on Datastream and not IPstream, hence the reason Nildram cannot offer a migration process at the moment.

I’m hoping plus net will offer similar packages soon because my years contract is up in March and for the savings I will make, I’ll be happy to do a cease with plus net & a reprovide with Nildram.
Being without ADSL for a couple of weeks are something I can live with compared to the saving I will make.

! We want 1&2MB ADLS with plus net, when do we want it? Now!
Smiley
N/A

Just to re-iterate what Rob said, this is something we are currently working on. Obviously if you want it and we don't offer it yet then I can't say anything else. I can tell you that we will be providing this service, I just can't tell you when.

Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Customer Support
N/A

Ian - Don't get me wrong, I wasn't having a go.
I didn't notice what your colleague had said previously.
At the end of the day I would be happier to stay with plus.net.
I'm happy to wait a month or so to see what new products you guys come up with.
Plus.net didn't hang about with offering 'wires only' so I doubt you guys will be slow to offer faster ADSL. Smiley
N/A

With regard to the news on adslguide that Nildram are offering 1MB & 2MB 50:1 ADSL, I saw the following as part of the news statement: 'migration from an existing line is not possible yet. This is due to the fact that the wholesale service is not one provided by BT'.
This gives me the impression that Nildram are using DataStream for the 1 & 2MB service.
I can’t see any other reason for a problem migrating unless a customer is being moved from Upstream to DataStream.

Ian ET all, am I barking up the right tree about this?