Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1Mb upgraded to 4Mb

jbatt
Grafter

1Mb upgraded to 4Mb

Hello Everyone

I have been running Premiere 1Mb broadband with plusnet for nearly a year now. So far, no problems.

This week I paid £14.99 to upgrade my connection to 4Mb.

Today I had an email saying this upgrade has been completed.

However, I am only running 2.2Mb (connection speed).

I have powered off my router and powered it backon and the connection is still only 2.2Mb

Am I doing something wrong?.

Thanks

James
8 REPLIES
N/A

1Mb upgraded to 4Mb

well the faster speeds than 2mbit should be with us by the end of the year if the trials that BT are doing now all go to plan.Basically what you have done is queued jump for the faster speeds when they arrive so between now and when the speeds arrive you would of payed out the extra £££s for nothing, there has been some posts about this subject
N/A

1Mb upgraded to 4Mb

jbatt
Grafter

1Mb upgraded to 4Mb

Thanks

I am still happy with the extra meg.

I will wait for th4Mb to arrive

James
N/A

1Mb upgraded to 4Mb

But you are just paying £21.99 for your connection right? You're not shelling out almost £30 per month for a speed that does not exist for a "free upgrade" (which is costing you £8 per month for the next few months)
N/A

1Mb upgraded to 4Mb

And your line might not be up too 4mb.
N/A

1Mb upgraded to 4Mb

I do not think wee will have this 4mb/8mb till may 2006. Any betts Wink
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

1Mb upgraded to 4Mb

What you are doing wrong is paying for something that you may or may not be able to get in the distant future. If your line won't take 4 meg you will have paid out all that extra money for nothing plus you will have to pay again to down grade so you don't continue paying more than you should.
N/A

1Mb upgraded to 4Mb

Would certainly not recomend paying for anyting more than an 'up to 2Mbs' package, then upgrade if and when you will be able to use a faster connection.