cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

16Gb Downloads and reduced speeds!!!!

N/A

I'm getting fed up now, I've only downloaded about 16Gb this month and my download speed is throttled down to about half what it should be!!!!! I have only once gone over 30Gb (39Gb in July). in the 4 months I've been with Plusnet...I thought I was allowed up to 30Gb at peak time!!

(My billing month is almost the same as a calendar month i.e. I get billed on the 29th)

Morbius :-(
10 REPLIES
N/A

Have you had an email stating that your usage has been highlighted under the SUP as if not then your connection has not been changed or modified. Also I know for a fact that customers connections who were affected were changed on thursday and none had been done since then and now.

Have you run a BT speed test to see if it may be something else.
N/A

got same problem no matter the tim of day icannot get over 30kb/s

i have only used 14gb and this is like happening all the time.....

but to be fair i no longer care as i move tomo but just saying it not a single users issue......service is dismal
N/A

Hi,

I have not had an E-Mail. It's just that I am getting about half my usual download speed, it has been like this for about 2 weeks now and after reading all the posts on here (I came on to see if there was a service issue) I came to the conclusion that my bandwidth is being throttled (I am downloading from Binary Newsgroups and only getting between 50-80kbs instead of my usual 200kbs+). How would I run a BT speed test?

Thanks,
Morb
N/A

You can follow the BT Speedtest tutorial HERE
N/A

"It's not me Guv'ner"
N/A

I also use Binary newsgroups. I find my speeds are fine over 200 KB/s between 12am and 4pm. Unfortunatlelly I am affected by the SUP so have major restrictions. I use a newreader Grabit like I said speeds are fine.

Regards and good luck
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 70

got same problem no matter the tim of day icannot get over 30kb/s

i have only used 14gb and this is like happening all the time.....

but to be fair i no longer care as i move tomo but just saying it not a single users issue......service is dismal

Hi there,

Have you tried with multiple feeds to your news provider? My speeds are fine and I have 6 connections running to our Usenet platform. There has been issues with a couple of the spools this weekend but they shouldn't cause degradation to the extent you are seeing.

Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

N/A

I have just ran the BT speed test and got:

1440 kilo bits per second (Kbps),

(I am on 2Mb connection)

So it is not the ADSL line!!!!

I also use 4 connections to my news provider and am still only getting on average about 60kbs download!!!!
N/A

At 1440, it is definatly not normal though.
Firejack
Grafter

In the last couple of months I've noticed a large slowdown in my connection. At first I thought it was with all these weird and not so wonderful traffic shaping Plus.net has introduced. But today I was able to test a neighbours connection and they are having the same problem. 375Kbps average speed on a 1Mbit connection.
Capacity at my exchange was flagged as being red and overloaded a few months ago. Then some upgrade work was apparently carried out but this doesn't of appeared to resolved the problem. Really can't work up the effort to deal with BT to resolve the problem as I've had horrible experiences with them in the past. Really need Plus.net to get involved with LLU so I can have my old speeds back. Can't see that happening though :roll: