Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

155MB Fat Pipes

N/A

155MB Fat Pipes

Hi All,

Sitting on dialup since the ADSL platform is down Smiley

I understand that it's a problem at the BT Ilford POP, but this begs the question, why do 4 of the 5 pipes terminate in one POP? Surely it would be better to have them distributed over several POP's, think it's called Redundant Backups? Wink

Oh well, such is life, but it would be good to hear the reason why it is the way it is.

Waiting patiently...
Chris
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: 155MB Fat Pipes

> Hi All,
>
> Sitting on dialup since the ADSL platform is down Smiley
>
> I understand that it's a problem at the BT Ilford POP, but this begs the question, why do 4 of the 5 pipes terminate in one POP? Surely it would be better to have them distributed over several POP's, think it's called Redundant Backups? Wink
>
> Oh well, such is life, but it would be good to hear the reason why it is the way it is.
>
> Waiting patiently...
> Chris
>

Hi Chris,

Personally I'm unsure as to the specifics as to what the Ilford POP does in the overall scheme of the ADSL network. The outage that occurred earlier affected a large number of ADSL providers as a large amount of ADSL traffic is routed through Ilford. I'm sure one of my colleagues can give a more informed answer in the morning after speaking to Networks.

Kind Regards,
Rob
--
| Robert Kelly.....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support...................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd...........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----

N/A

Hiya,

I've got to say, overall, I've been really impressed by Plus. I seem to have far fewer outages than friends with other services... Smiley

I do wish that you would hold off on posting the "Problem Resolved" posts to the Service Status pages until the issue is resolved beyond any doubt, though...

N/A

> Hiya,
>
> I've got to say, overall, I've been really impressed by Plus. I seem to have far fewer outages than friends with other services... Smiley
>
> I do wish that you would hold off on posting the "Problem Resolved" posts to the Service Status pages until the issue is resolved beyond any doubt, though...
>
>

it was only down for 2 hours - why not go watch TV.
N/A

HI,

Just to confirm this wasn't a problem with the pipes as such, more the fabric of BT's network...

Unfortunately I can't answer for their network redundancy, although you should rest assured that we are addressing this matter with them at the highest possible levels.

Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Customer Support