cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

15 days later my speed is still the same !!

N/A

ok I am starting to get really link:censored of with these dirty greedy ! link:censored. been paying 39.99 for ever ! promised speed upgrade, and 15 days later I am still getting below 2mb service.

nice customer support 60 minute wating times via phone as they like to keeps customer service costs down to a min !!

go and die plusnet !

[Moderator's note by Tom (tomspcs) : Removed deliberate attempts at avoiding the swear filter. Please note these are family forums and so younger viewers may be present.]
12 REPLIES
holdtight
Grafter

Thats not a good way to start getting any help also this is not a support system with a direct link to customer support so your best bet is to use the ticket sysytem and ask them whats happening with regards to your upgrade

You are in the same position as many other users not just from plusnet but many other isp`s as we are all at the mercy of the dinosaur that is BT

Have you recieved the email notifying you that you have had the upgrade yet ?

My upgrade was done on the 19th and only this morning has the line started to synch at a speed other than 2MB so i think the ten day settling in period is a rough estimate at best so hang in there
N/A

What stats is your modem/router showing?
N/A

What stats is your modem/router showing?

I dont no how to get the results from my router
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

http://kitz.co.uk/adsl/frogstats.htm has details on how to get stats from many routers/modems.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

You are in the same position as many other users not just from plusnet but many other isp`s as we are all at the mercy of the dinosaur that is BT

Although that is partially true, it *is* PlusNet that is selling this product therefore a) the problem/contract is with PlusNet and b) if the product cannot be delivered Plusnet (and others) should not even be attempting to sell it - there are strong laws in the UK regarding selling goods under false pretences and against the trade descriptions act you know!!

Personally I think PlusNet and others are walking a VERY FINE line when it comes to what they sell and how they try and wiggle their way out of it (whilst stealing your money) and, imho of course!, it won't be long before one of the ISP's get's their fingers burned in a big way............
Brickinit
Grafter

PlusNet and others are walking a VERY FINE

seems like it's not just +NET whom people belive are walking a very fine line

(whilst stealing your money)

i think if i had such poor service from a supplier for over two years i would have either changed supplier or taken it through the correct cannels, omnibus or law courts
not bored the pants of everyone on the forums Evil
N/A

PlusNet and others are walking a VERY FINE
(whilst stealing your money)

seems like it's not just +NET whom people belive are walking a very fine line

I think if I am paying for something and it is not being delivered, and very little (if any) attempt is being made to deliver it, then by defintion I am correct to say what I have. You often give money away do you? Nah, thought not, so get of your righteous high-horse.

:
i think if i had such poor service from a supplier for over two years i would have either changed supplier or taken it through the correct cannels, omnibus or law courts not bored the pants of everyone on the forums

I'm glad, thrilled in fact, because if it's annoying you, it might eventually annoy PlusNet (and they may eventually annoy BT) and then get on and do what I have asked them to do - either sort my DSL service out or say they can't support it. Is that a hard thing to do? Seems pretty simple to me.

You might, only MIGHT, benefit from re-reading *WHY* i am still with PlusNet - my problem is a BT problem, but I can't deal with BT because my contract is with PlusNet. Let me assure you if my contract was with BT i wouldn't be sat here wasting my time, I'd be hassling BT.

BTW. Hope you never have any problems with your HOME INSTALL 8MB (nearly working)
Brickinit
Grafter

BTW. Hope you never have any problems with your HOME INSTALL 8MB (nearly working)

don't know WHAT you mean. :lol:

you only have to read the start of this and many other threads that unfortunatly people that do not totally understand certain technology are very quick to blame everyone else for the unsatisfactory working of their ADSL. when they do gain the required service (noticably with different components and/or removal of software) how many times do they eat humble pie and give their apologies on the forums. although i did find this Doh!

It is/was indeed my viewing software

Ticket was raised and answered quickly, and many thanks for the quick replies in this forum. :lol: bring back memories?

i find it incredibly hard to belive that +NET or any other ISP would leave you with a poor service for two years. if you have an issue with BT's performance, you are quite within your rights to ask to have you line/exchange looked at and of course if the fault is not down to BT you can pick up the tab. if you find your line IS unsuitable for ADSL you'll just have to lump it and go back to dial-up.
we all have choises in this world unfortunately filling up the forums with hate aimed at your suppier isn't going to help your cause, although you can look at the forums and read about issues they have, it is a very small propotion of the customers. you don't stand a cat chance in hell of having any of your issues rectifed on the forums unless, you were to ask other customers for their advise, or pesonnel experiances on how they worked around their problems.
it is also worth posting on or readind the forums to find out if there is a common problem which does indeed need a +NET or BT intervention or puzzle out!
try it out why not put a posting with your complete problem and what you think the solution is and why. then prehaps other users can give you pointers to solve your 2 year old problem. then you will not need to hi-jack other peoples postings, just like i just have.

hhmmm! smell that coffee.
shellsong
Grafter

i find it incredibly hard to belive that +NET or any other ISP would leave you with a poor service for two years. if you have an issue with BT's performance, you are quite within your rights to ask to have you line/exchange looked at and of course if the fault is not down to BT you can pick up the tab. if you find your line IS unsuitable for ADSL you'll just have to lump it and go back to dial-up.

You clearly do not understand in the least the situation of would-be Broadband users who have chronic connection problems associated with the BT copper and/or the interface between BT and the ISP-- maybe you should take a bit of time out looking at some of the problems even quite knowledgeable users experience when just trying to get on line before you comment!

It is clear that if you try sicking BT onto a line problem and they think there is nothing wrong they are quite capable of charging a sizeable amount for insisting there is nothing wrong with a clearly appalling connection!

Further to this it is also clear that it is one of the jobs of any ISP to liaise powerfully with BTw on behalf of their customers because they are not allowed access to BTw on their own behalf! If any ISP reckons they cannot do this then they are in the wrong business!
N/A

i find it incredibly hard to belive that +NET or any other ISP would leave you with a poor service for two years. if you have an issue with BT's performance, you are quite within your rights to ask to have your line/exchange looked at and of course if the fault is not down to BT you can pick up the tab. if you find your line IS unsuitable for ADSL you'll just have to lump it and go back to dial-up.

The fact that you find it incredibly hard to believe is hardly a conclusive argument is it? Wink I have done all that you say (why else would I be so angry and bitter??), but take real issue (and if you were in my situation you would to) with your last sentence in that it was and is not me that has ever stated my line is capable of supporting DSL, but BT and PlusNet. Therefore whether it is liked or not, the onus is on those to either prove or disprove that (thereby making the product fit for purpose/sale) and inform me of the results, and to do it in a timely manner.

why not put a posting with your complete problem and what you think the solution is and why

Okay, seems like a good idea. I'll start a new thread with EXACTLY what I have already told PlusNet (and I am assuming they have told BT) and see if anyone outside of PlusNet can assist. What have I got to lose!

then you will not need to hi-jack other peoples postings, just like i just have.

I have apologised for that on another thread, but you are correct - I have been out of order and it just disrupts the real reason for the thread.

hhmmm! smell that coffee.

I drink Tea :lol:
Brickinit
Grafter

I drink Tea :lol:

there you go job done i have managed to put that smile on your face Wink
now to get to work on Shellsong :roll:
shellsong
Grafter

Heh! Wink