cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

13gb Limit is aj oke

N/A

13gb Limit is aj oke

How the hell can you send me an email saying you have restricted my internet speed when in the last month it takes me 4 days solid to download a 700mb file.

I think this is an absolute disgrace I am paying you for a service you are not providing. You are quite blatantly ripping me off. Basically I have been paying £21.99 for dailup and then you rub salt into the wounds by sending the email.

A very fed up customer

Coley
7 REPLIES
N/A

13gb Limit is aj oke

What service are you paying for?

were you downloading "solid" within peak times?

are you _sure_ you did not break the FUP/AUP?

what account are you _expecting_ to have? and what account do you not like to have (the one your on?)
jrgrahamcov
Grafter

13gb Limit is aj oke

Hi,

Login and check your usage. If it is over 13Gb then that is your problem.
N/A

13gb Limit is aj oke

You're lucky, I'd love to be able to get more than 13GB through my "Up to" 8Mb line during peak times in a month.

Think yourself lucky your connection is that fast. Quite a few of us will never see a warning email because our connection is so slow.
jrgrahamcov
Grafter

13gb Limit is aj oke

With the except of FTP which is a known fault I have found all web browsing including downloading to be fast and also on line gaming pings to be low and stable at all times.

Make sure you log a fault call. The more faults are logged the more they can see where the problems are and resolve them. If people do not log calls for faults and help out the PN support people then it is harder for them to know about and resolve issues.
N/A

13gb Limit is aj oke

I do have a ticket out for it and there is over 40 updates on it. After all that, my connection is now stable but the upload speed has halved. Really not impressed so far.
N/A

13gb Limit is aj oke

If your upload speed has halved, it sounds like you have a combination of low SNR/high attenuation on the uplink side of your connection.

Mine did/used to do/probably will soon do that my upstream SNR would jump from 20dB to about 9dB, im putting it down to a router problem to be honest because after a power down and up it normally jumps back up again.
N/A

13gb Limit is aj oke

You'd think wouldn't you. The high attenuation and low SNR is on the down side, although the uplink attenuation is pretty poor it gets a decent noise ratio.

Down:
Noise margin: 2dB
Attenuation: 58dB

Up:
Noise margin: 22dB
Attenuation: 77dB

After Tiscali's playing with the LLU bits & pieces, they assured me they had fixed the interference on the line and the downstream noise margin jumped up to above 20dB but then dropped back down to between 1-2dB within 24 hours.