cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12mth Contract Unhappy Users Please Read

N/A

Hi milton24

If you go to the web site and Consumers area and then Complaints theres is a complaints procedure, and depending on what was on your ticket will determine what to do next this is one section,

8.2.2 Where the Complaint is made to the Member, the Member shall use its reasonable endeavours to resolve the Complaint within 10 working days of receipt of notice be it by email, letter, telephone call or in person.

But would be best if you went to the site yourself just to clarify

thxs
18 REPLIES
N/A

Hi all

This is some advice i can give if you are not happy with the changes that have gone on with plusnet over the last few mths.

mainly for people on 12mths contracts but the ISPA website can help all users

1..If you are still within the 45 day Guarantee then dont except any offers of free adsl for 1mth or 2mth on the promise of things improveing,

The reason for this is that if you take them up on the offer it will take you over the 45day period then if you are still not happy you will have to pay the remaing of the 12 mth contract, You wont get nothing for free..

2..If you are over the 45day guarantee and would like to leave best thing to do is contact
Www.ispa.org.uk and go to consumers area and raise a complaint, ispa will take action i know because i complained and they got in touch with plusnet,

If anyone else can add anything to this for the benefit of those users on a 12mths contract then please post and lets see what we can do to help them,

United we stand divided we fall

thank you
N/A

Thanks for the advice, just posted my complaint. I'll wait to see what happens.
munsy
Grafter

Thanks for the link geraintmx333, lets hope its does some good. Actually got some good evidence to back it up from the support ticket, so keeps fingers crossed.

Nothing ventured nothing gained.
munsy
Grafter

Thanks again geraintmx333,

if you do have a case use this service, it would be nice to think that it would not come to this but sometimes you need to get beyond the people who are responding to your issues.

All the best.
N/A

On my way there now !
N/A

done it.
LiamM
Grafter

ISPA don't take action. All they do is pass your complaint on to Plusnet.
N/A

Hi martinfamily

The action they take not only involves plusnet if there is no satifactory outcome between plusnet and the complainant,

It will then be passed on to CISAS, i also know that through pms iv had that some complainant have now reached a satifactory solution with plusnet,

What i ask you martinfamily can you diret me to where on the portal there is a link to the ISPA website and the ISPA logo please,

I may have missed it but i am unable to find it..

thank you
N/A

ISPA, OFCOM and CISAS are discussed in the Codes of Practice

Whilst there is no link or logo the other main organisations are linked to. The arbitrators organisation is linked to as per ISPA guidelines though.

As a member of the Internet Service Provider Association (ISPA), PlusNet utilises the Communications and Internet Services Adjudication Scheme (CISAS) provided by the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators for ISPA members, which is supported by Ofcom.
N/A

Hi pcsni

7.8 Members should include on their web-sites the ISPA logo, with a link to the ISPA web-site.

thats from the ISPA code of practice

thank you
N/A

Perhaps the key word there is should

Which would imply that it is not mandatory.
N/A

Hi

Well as a open and honest isp then maybe they should put the links and logo on the portal. Wink

thanks
Community Veteran

Maybe, but we are definatly straying off topic.
N/A

Ive emailed "The register" and "Adslguide" concerning my unhappiness with Plusnet. I urge all who are unhappy to do the same.