cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

128K ISDN

wandelaar
Grafter

128K ISDN

Please can +net give an indication of the anticipated date for implementation of the long awaited 128K ISDN dialup. (YAWN!!)

Us old country boys out in the sticks are feeling a bit left out in the cold by all this ADSL malarky which we have little hope of BT providing for quite some time (if at all).

Seriously though, any news?

Regards

Dave

5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

RE: 128K ISDN

Check the news on www.adslguide.org for info on BT's Mini DLAM prject which could bring ADSL to the sticks.

Chris
wandelaar
Grafter

Thanks for the info.

Alas, even if BT and sponsors activate ADSL on my exchange, I am probably still too far away from it to get ADSL. A company within our village is offering ADSL via microwave radio, but the prices are a bit steep. (Approx £150 for TA and antenna on a self install basis + £30 per month without domain hosting or web space etc..)

Now if us old coutry boys can win the lottery... I will gladly donate ADSL to the village..

Regards

Dave

N/A

> Please can +net give an indication of the anticipated date for implementation of the long awaited 128K ISDN dialup. (YAWN!!)
>
> Us old country boys out in the sticks are feeling a bit left out in the cold by all this ADSL malarky which we have little hope of BT providing for quite some time (if at all).
>
> Seriously though, any news?
>
> Regards
>
> Dave
>

Check this one out then Dave http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/2911591.stm
>
>

N/A

Until Monday just gone i worked for a broadband wireless ISP - £150 for equipment and £30 a month is NOT expensive! - it costs the ISP £220 per customer for the equipment - if they use Orinoco USB TA's then they make a loss on each install!

However the potential to transmit upto 55MB connections on 802.11g is worth staying with them!

Which town by the way? i know most of the owners of Wireless ISPs being the head of the Wireless Association Of Service Providers.

Cheers

Pete
N/A

> Please can +net give an indication of the anticipated date for implementation of the long awaited 128K ISDN dialup. (YAWN!!)

Hi Dave,

Although we have no firm date as yet, we are hoping to have new 128k ISDN products released by at least the summer of this year if not earlier - we will of course keep you updated!

Regards,
Richard
--
| Richard Allen...............Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support.....................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd.........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----