cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

128K Access

N/A

128K Access

I see that the BT Midband Product has just been launched on the unsupecting public. The price is an outrageous £35 per month, which when added to the cost of ISDN or Highway means that it'll cost at least twice as much as ADSL for significantly less than half the product. I hope that Plus Net will soon have better news for those of us outside ADSL coverage who are keen to have access to a reasonably priced 128K access.
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: 128K Access

> I see that the BT Midband Product has just been launched on the unsupecting public. The price is an outrageous £35 per month, which when added to the cost of ISDN or Highway means that it'll cost at least twice as much as ADSL for significantly less than half the product. I hope that Plus Net will soon have better news for those of us outside ADSL coverage who are keen to have access to a reasonably priced 128K access.
Hi there,
Thanks for the feedback - when more news on the 128k product is available, we will make an announcement. Hopefully it will be more to your liking!
Regards,
Mike
--
| Mike Grice....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support.....................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd.........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

RE: 128K Access

The £35 per month includes line rental and the ISDN/HomeHighway cost - it is really just HomeHighway with £10 added on for 150 hours surfing @ 64k or 75 @ 128k. It is important to note that there is no ISP cost, and no email, webspace etc - just plain old access. This would be ideal if you've got a hotmail or yahoo account.

Thinking about it this way, if I take my BT together (£11.50 per moonth) and the lowes PlusNET Home 500 cost (£18.99 per month) you get £30.49, still £4.50 cheaper than Midband - on the other hand I can't get broadband and there are only 171 out of 350 people registered, so maybe Midband will have to do for the next 12 months....

If PlusNET offered an account for midband like they do for BTbroadband (i.e. email and news only, no connection as BT broadband already provides it) then I could see it being successful.

Cheers,
Alex.
> > I see that the BT Midband Product has just been launched on the unsupecting public. The price is an outrageous £35 per month, which when added to the cost of ISDN or Highway means that it'll cost at least twice as much as ADSL for significantly less than half the product. I hope that Plus Net will soon have better news for those of us outside ADSL coverage who are keen to have access to a reasonably priced 128K access.
>
> Hi there,
>
> Thanks for the feedback - when more news on the 128k product is available, we will make an announcement. Hopefully it will be more to your liking!
>
> Regards,
> Mike
> --
> | Mike Grice....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
> | Technical Support.....................for Home & Business
> | PlusNet Technologies Ltd.........@ http://www.plus.net
> + ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----