cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12 connection to usnet 140k d/l

N/A

Hi
Spoke to surport on server i am useing, theres no problems with the service explained to him problems with low d/l speeds etc, so he gave me 3 ip addys to use and 4 connections on each so 12in total but can still only d/l at 140k max the reason for the ip addys is that the server only allows 4 connection at any time useing the web address but bypassing it by useing the 3ip addresses im on 2meg premier £21.99 30:1,

im useing a pay for server, not plusnets

If any one would like to reply with their d/l speeds , if you could also say what account and contention ratio etc.. i ask this as i dont want someone just telling me that they can d/l at 230K only to find out that they are on a Buiness account etc or 20:1 10:1 i would like too compare like for like,,#

thank you
35 REPLIES
N/A

m over 64 views and not 1 reply come on there must be 2meg £29.99 pm 30:1 users on here.
N/A

I'm on the 2mb 21.99 service and i'm getting poor usenet speeds too. It's been like this the past few days getting 130kb/s -140kb/s. What's going on? Sad
Community Veteran

I'm 2Mb premier 30:1

I have been on plusnets usenet servers tonight. At first with just one or two d/l's going It was running around 60/90Kbs. I then maxed out connections to eight, and had 230Kbs pretty much all the way!

Dunno how this info helps you!
N/A

@seventhstar

thxs for that, only im just trying to work out same as some other why the need to increase connection at peak time, yet late at nigth and all day 2 is maxing out for me..?

thxs
N/A

2Mb £21.99 30:1 home premier

Yus my speeds are a shambles also.
betweent he hours of 05:00 and 03:00 my speeds could be any between 45KB/s and 220KB/s (going up and down like a yo-yo on heat).

This started about 1½ - 2 weeks ago.
If member of PN are about, an explanation would be nice, leaving out the bt speed tests and usual stuff. All this has been done with nothing more than a "Your line is fine" from PN CSC.
michaelscott
Grafter

Broadband Premier, 2Mbps.

PlusNet: 241KB/s
Usenet Monster: 239KB/s
N/A

sataff would it not be to do with that each connection only gets a certain amount during peak times, so increasing the number of connections would allow you to get more overall bandwidth. I could do with some information as well as i have just upgraded to premier, which should be activated soon meaning i will be achieving better speeds hopefully
N/A

£21.99 Home premier 2mbit

240K/s avg on plusnet usenet most of the time.
Occasionally it slows down to 100~140 when the plususenet servers are busy but its an added bonous onto the account so i cant complain

It could just be that the servers themselves are very busy & or they're backbones are crowded or not performing quite as well as they shud, if were talkin non plus usenet servers.
N/A

using newshosting and the speed has been terrible last few weeks!

whats going on?
N/A

I'm having an ongoing ticket with CS and the Comms team re this. I was supposed to be tested today to see if I was on the incorrect profile for traffic management which was seriously degrading USENET performance i.e. PLUSNET was providing me (a premier customer) with a plus level of performance. I believe this happened last month as well. However, this test requires me to disconnect my router in order that Plusnet can log in as me and test this.

As you might expect though I have recieved no confirmation that these tests took place. Furthermore, my NNTP download rate is still hovering between 30-50k during 'peak' hours. Which means from 6pm untill 1am!

I'll keep you all informed about the progress of my ticket.

Robert
Stitch626
Dabbler

And there was me thinking I was alone. I also have a ticket with CS who informed everything is okay even though my usenet performance has recently dropped from 200k to <40k. At one time over the weekend I saw just 6k from a single connection. Even with 8 connections that equates to 48k :shock:

Mark
N/A

@lostvalley

No you certainly are not alone m8, and reading through a lot of posts users are useing a lot of different Usnet servers i cant see all those servers having problems etc, especialyy if you look on adslguide message board the majority if not all users of other ISP are not seeing their usnet d/l speeds drop so slow,
N/A

Still nothing fron Plusnet on this test that was supposed to happen yesterday. I assume that means that my ADSL has to be disconnected all day again today! Yippee!

Robert
N/A

I use easynews and that too is DOG slow...

~18KB/sec to easynews

~28KB/sec to +net

on a 2mb prem account