cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10GB Limit

N/A

10GB Limit

This is something which has probably been covered before.

A 10GB cap with traffic being blocked at 15GB for £21.99 seems to be a little low in terms of what you get for your money.

Other people are offering caps of around 30 or 40GB for prices cheaper than Plus Net's

What do other people think?

Thanks

Steve
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

10GB Limit

I think you will find that the "other peoples" offerings are 30 or 40gB Maximum whereas Plusnets 15gB is the peak time limit.

You can use considerably more if you also include the off peak time.
N/A

10GB Limit

Actually, for £1 more (£22.99), presuming you are happy with a 2Mbps connection which is fine for most people at the moment (and what most plus.net customers can get right now), you can get a 50GB fair usage quota peak (8am-midnight), and as much as you would like midnight-8am. Where is this? - Nildram
N/A

10GB Limit

the downside is though its a dynamic IP. for the static IP you are looking at £3.50 more a month.
Then we look at the angle that Plusnets off peak is midnight till 4PM thats 16 hours off peak compared to 8 hours off peak. I agree the 50Gb peak time usage looks attractive, but considering I can do all I need to do in off peak ( up till 4PM ) I havent even got close to 5Gb usage yet.

I could use it but refrain from doing so unless I need to.

Personally Plusnet is still the better deal for me. You need to make up your own minds though as I nor anyone ca tell you who would suit you better...thats your job.
N/A

10GB Limit

I had a look at nildram --- intresting point to note was..

Includes 'callback' support, no need to queue

PLUSNET please note
N/A

10GB Limit

They have 'taken note' they specified a while ago that with their new phone system it was something they wanted to introduce.
N/A

10GB Limit

I wonder if the other ISP's also have totally worthless CS like Plusnet does these days? Seriously considering jumping ship if they don't get their act together soon.