cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10 mins to log onto Plus.net...

N/A

Just taken me 10 mins to open plus.net and other web pages. This is a joke rightHuhHuhHuhHuh? PN is just going from bad to worse............
2mb premier account holder here.
13 REPLIES
N/A

same here, must be a problem of some sorts this afternoon

Tracey.
lmhudson
Grafter

For Info, I'm not having any problems
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

What gateway are you on? I've just had problems. Disconnected and reconnected and all is fine. I accidently closed the command prompt so not sure which gateway I was on originally. Might need investigating by Plus Net though.

Phil
Superuser
Superuser

Oh yeah. Should have said, to check which gateway your on goto http://usertools.plus.net/@gateway

Phil
N/A

I'm on this one:-

"You are currently connected to the "Telehouse North, Juniper 2" gateway. This gateway is sometimes known as ptn-ag2."

Not brave enough to cut connection - teenager is off for the afternoon and happily gaming - he's not having problems it was me accessing websites and email - seems to have sorted itself out but still a little sluggish.

Tracey.
Superuser
Superuser

Looks like there is a problem with ptn-ag2. I've just done a trace root to you Tracey and am getting timing out as soon as I hit ptn-ag2.

Phil
Superuser
Superuser

Scrap that! Don't think I can ping any other gateway. Sad

Phil
Discostoo
Grafter

Hi, I was also having problems on sunday, took me 12 mins from log in to get to forum page. I'm on 2MB prem.

My current record download speed is 13kbps!! (can see you're impressed)

I'm currently connected to the "Telehouse North, Juniper 1" gateway. This gateway is sometimes known as ptn-ag1...

I've not had a decent speed yet, i've tried my router etc on next doors acoount and it was fine. 230kbps+

Any advice?
N/A

Well its once again just taken me over 10 mins to get on here....Also for some unknown reason I have to sign in again everytime. Im on same as above....This is S***. Getting a bit sick and tired of this rubbish,wished I'd of stuck with wanadoo now(even they were s***) but I never had this damn problem. PN Stop your messing around.
LiamM
Grafter

Is your PC free from spyware / adware and viruses? There are no reported issues with any of the gateways and the website at the moment and nobody else is reporting the same problem apparently.

Can you possibly post a traceroute to portal.plus.net?

You need to logon every time you access the portal unless you activate Auto Login.
N/A

I use spybot/adaware everyday. Auto logon is activated..... There are a few posts above this that have had the problem of slow page loadup also.
N/A

I've had problems yesterday and today too.
Very long login, slow to hanging web page loading and disconnects.
Telehouse East, Juniper 4 gateway this morning.
Please fix it.
LiamM
Grafter

Try reconnecting and see if it fixes.