cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10 Gig limit

N/A

10 Gig limit

Just been told that the account I have is equal to Premier ! and that has a peak usage limit of 10 gig so the warning I received was correct according to PN. What a load of balls, am I thick or somethink or are PN hiding behid some cloak of crap spinning tall yarns to customers. Had enoughth now given notice as my next months payment is due in a few days I have a month to find a sensible ISP who talks the truth!!!!!!!!!!

Still dont remember agreeing to any changes in my account unless by stealth, how many can understand the content of PN emails here?

normanh
28 REPLIES
N/A

10 Gig limit

"unless by stealth" ....

I don't think it was by stealth... I'm not a PN "apologist" but they did give warning...

Back in August I had a "Service Note" (SN20675162) which indicated a change to the T+C.

Here's an extract: "You can view the new Terms and Conditions and Acceptable Use Policy at http://www.plus.net/info2/legal/index.html

These new Terms and Conditions will replace all existing Terms and Conditions on Friday 16th September 2005. We will assume that you accept these new Terms and Conditions unless you contact us by this date to indicate otherwise. If you do not wish to accept these new Terms and Conditions ..."
N/A

10 Gig limit

Well just scanned thro the ref to the T&C and the link to contention and for the account that I now have it clearly states that the 24GIG limit is there not this so called 10 gig. So whos right then? Does anyone read the full terms and conditions, when I took the account out there was no fair usage policy!!!!!!!!!!

Its all a con on the Part of PN cant eevn use simple words that are not swearing here now!!! Yes I did tone down my frustratuion but PN continues to stress me out!!!!!
N/A

10 Gig limit

You don't have a 10GB limit, after 10GB certain things (eg music downloads) are slowed down in peak hours, simply schedule downloads overnight and it's of no consequence.

Continue to use as much as you wish as long as it's not over 30GB during peak hours.
FooAtari
Grafter

10 Gig limit

This comes up nearly every day now....

There is a sustainable useage policy, and a fair use policy.

There are a few posts here that explain how it works...

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?p=326758#326758

Here is another good post that explains why things are as they are

http://www.plusnetters.co.uk/forums//viewtopic.php?t=508

One more link to a discussion that explains a lot of things, and why resrictions are in place.

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?p=325202#325202
N/A

10 Gig limit

The 24Gb you refer to is part of the sustainable usage and not the traffic management figure.

In a basic format you will receive email warnings and get slightly slower after 10, 12.5 and 15Gb. At 24Gb you will get an email to say you are close to the SUP total which is 30Gb.

You CAN still use up to 30Gb during peak time without being cut off or permantly throttled.

As for the T&C's... if you dont read them, but agree to follow them you can't really complain about them later.

SUP details:-
http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/network/sustainable_usage_guide.shtml

Traffic Management Details:-
http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/network/traffic_management.shtml
N/A

10 Gig limit

Well according to the guide I received the warning at 8 gig which happened then I received another email after 10 Gig was exceeded this applies to Broadband Plus saying restrictions are now in place!!! My Account is Broadband Premier I which has totally different limits in this quoted table!!!!!!!!!

Sorry I am I missing the point hereHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh? Dont think so some how I can read !!!!!!!!
James
Grafter

10 Gig limit

Have a look at this one:

http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/network/traffic_management.shtml

Select Premier Option 1 from the drop down. It details the traffic management phases.
N/A

10 Gig limit

MMM I can see a problem on the web site for the above link if you select the option 1 then move the cursor using a scrolling mouse mouse you end up on option 3.

The point is I these changes have just been changed in a cloak of fine print and are unfair as a consquence I am leaving just had enough of the cloak and dagger stuff from plusnet, I am still paying OTT for the service!!!!!!!!
N/A

10 Gig limit

i suggest you read the fine print of your new ISP very carefully.

If you are aware of the system then plusnet actually offer very good value for money.
N/A

10 Gig limit

Beginning to understand the mentality now!!! Viewing the site does not help one bit!!!!!!!!!!

10gig refers to P to P downloads, 24Gig refers to total peak usage, very clever. So is it likely that anyone will ever use 24gig on non p to p downloads? Well its highly unlikely that many punters have realised this. Exceed the 10GIG on P to P in a month and you downloadspeed will be affected depending on by how much you exceed the limit.

Think its time for some CRYSTAL ENGLISH HERE PN and its still not what I signed up for!!!!!!!!
kjaerligkatt
Grafter

10 Gig limit

i suggest you read the fine print of your new ISP very carefully.

If you are aware of the system then plusnet actually offer very good value for money.

Hear, hear. (emphasis mine)

Now, if they could get the comms sorted out, and CS develops in the way promised, we'd be back to a real winner Wink Sure, there will still be the occassional hicup, but if the comms and CS were right, they would never be any more than that.

--Neil
JonathanW
Grafter

10 Gig limit

10gig refers to P to P downloads, 24Gig refers to total peak usage, very clever. So is it likely that anyone will ever use 24gig on non p to p downloads? Well its highly unlikely that many punters have realised this. Exceed the 10GIG on P to P in a month and you downloadspeed will be affected depending on by how much you exceed the limit.

All of the figures quoted, whether that be the first warning at 8GB, or the final management level at 30GB, refer to total traffic transfered during the peak period.

Once you hit 10GB, and then 12.5GB and 15GB, we slow down P2P to a larger extent than we do other traffic types. With the final outcom being that if you use more than 15GB of peak traffic in a month, we turn off your P2P and Usenet access during the peak period.
N/A

10 Gig limit

Well Sarah, after being a customer for the best part of 3 years i was always happy until recently with plusnet's service. If you are happy you continue to stay with them. I left madasafish for exactly the same reasons I am leaving PN now , money grabbing!!!

I was given a speed increase until then P to P was not really viable till then so when people use the service that is provided the supplier moans like hell and its restricted. My account was totally unrestricted when it was taken out and I have been paying for that since over the tiop to current charges. T & C are revised by PN but the amount that they take from my bank account remains the same. For that reason as far as I am concerned I have not changed my account. If at some time in the past PN reduced my charges and said This has to be done fine but they have continued to take the higher amount for a considerable period of time, yes I am upset for that reason. I dont like being conned!!!!! When in the past I have looked at changing my account my existing one has been deleted so why upgrade to what I see as a lesser service? ie Premier 1or 2

As far as I am concerned thats it for Plusnet , I certainly wont be recommending them ever nor is it likely I will return to them as an ISP
FooAtari
Grafter

10 Gig limit

Did you read any of the links posted above?

The restrictions are largely in place because of how BT charge ISP's.

See here:
http://www.plusnetters.co.uk/forums//viewtopic.php?t=508

Any ISP that offers more for the same or less costs will, I firmly belive, increase their costs or bring in limits much like Plus.net to keep their network sustainable.

Of course if you go to another ISP and pay more you will get more.

I am a failry heavy user of the Internet, and while I do belive the limits need to be decresed a little and the way they manage accounts needs to change as speeds get faster, I have had little issues on Premier 1 simply by schedualing any large downlaods during offpeak hours (12 am - 4pm) And I do watch both streaming video and listen to online radio on a regular basis during peak times.