cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10 Day Test Time

N/A

10 Day Test Time

Can anyone tell me if the 10 day BT tests are literally 10 days or are they working days like Monday-Friday and do the 10 days include the 1st day you were upgraded.

I was upgraded on the 2nd and my stable rate has been 500 since the 3rd. 500 I tell you! It's a joke. I thought it was about testing stability as well because my sync has been around 5000-6000 and instead of going down it's going up giving me more CRC errors.

My SNR is around 7db when synced at 6000 which I know isn't great but it gets to around 10 when syncd at 4500 why not just drop me down and leave it there for crying out loud. Is there anyone else in this situation or was before there 10 days were finally up. I'm getting more than a little pissed off now.
11 REPLIES
willhome
Grafter

10 Day Test Time

literally 10days.. your router/ bt systems dont stop for the weekend and there isnt a man physically trying to get a stable rates. its all computers so weekends dont matter
Community Veteran

10 Day Test Time

In reality it is taking 12 days from when you are upgraded to when PN get the test results from BT so bear that in mind before raisong a speed related ticket..
N/A

10 Day Test Time

I'm the same. I did have download speed of 160K for a few days. I'm now at 500K.

It's not the 10 days thing though because I'm now on day 11 and it's not improved.

My advice is raise a ticket. If enough people do Plusnet might actually investigate the problem instead of telling me to "switch something off and then back on" (IT rule 101).
Community Veteran

10 Day Test Time

There are too many tickets being raised by people complaining about speeds before the 10 (12) day trail period is completed, and PN can't do anything until the trials period is done and they have been given the test results.

Adding a ticket now will just delay things even more and by the time it is answered, your speeds will probably have been sorted.

It's not a case of PN not investigating, BT will not accept a speed related fault during the trialling period so there is little PN can do anyway.
vic_newey
Grafter

10 Day Test Time

Even worse is that with Max being rate adaptive you can have it all start over again if your line suddenly gets a problem & then it starts training again with basic speeds, thats the message I got from CS when mine reverted back to 1 meg & I'm still waiting for it to jumpback up
N/A

10 Day Test Time

Take no notice of the 10 day rule, I've been waiting 3+ weeks and am still locked at 1.9mg. Plusnet have been good in trying to sort it out, seems it may be a problem at their end with processing BT's Delta reports (see customer service report from 9.5.2006.
Community Veteran

Re: 10 Day Test Time

My SNR is around 7db when synced at 6000 which I know isn't great but it gets to around 10 when syncd at 4500 why not just drop me down and leave it there for crying out loud. Is there anyone else in this situation or was before there 10 days were finally up. I'm getting more than a little annoyed

Yep, in the same situation. The actual sync speed on MaxDSL is something BT do not currently 'control', I think in many situations they should for the reason you give.

The sync speed is currently set on the DSLAM and your router to 'as fast as currently possible. so if you sync at a nice quiet time of day you get 6000kb/s, then later when there is noise you go through the steady process of loosing sync and dropping speed for an hour or so ... during this time your connection is useless.

It would be better if not only did BT decide on a 'stable rate', they would use this on the DSLAM to set to this speed too. Now of course there needs to be a mechism to allow for lines that have been improved to go faster too after a few days ....

SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
N/A

10 Day Test Time

does anyone know if this has been sorted.

Also, heard mentioned elsewhere here, that the more stable lines (ie the ones staying at 812Cool are the ones taking the longest? any truth in this one?
N/A

10 Day Test Time

This post makes very interesting reading - granted it is lengthy, but well worth setting a few minutes aside to understand the complexities of the new system.
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

10 Day Test Time

Maybe if customers were kept better informed and things worked as stated there would be no need for all the ticket raising. The orginal time given for speed increase was 75 minutes or if that failed 3 days followed by 10 days testing. I can't see how a line can be tested during the 10 days if you remain on your old 2 meg speed during those 10 days.

There are too many tickets being raised by people complaining about speeds before the 10 (12) day trail period is completed, and PN can't do anything until the trials period is done and they have been given the test results.

Adding a ticket now will just delay things even more and by the time it is answered, your speeds will probably have been sorted.

It's not a case of PN not investigating, BT will not accept a speed related fault during the trialling period so there is little PN can do anyway.
Community Veteran

10 Day Test Time

While your data rate may stay at 2Mbs, your sync speed does not and it's the sync speed and subsequent error rate that the test is trying to evaluate.

The data rate is something completely separate but is linked to your sync speed once BT/PN decide to remove the data limits.