cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10 1/2 hours and still no services

N/A

10 1/2 hours and still no services

Well plusnet you have surpassed yourselves this time, 10 ½ hours and still my “ALWAYS ON” connection is off.
I would have thought that by now, the 3 or 4 companies all using the same pipes and lines would realise that it’s too much for the system, if it was not for the fact that I am locked into you for a year I would have left months ago when I first found out that the 50/1 contention ratio is a crock as 2 or 3 other companies also have that on the same lines.
This has gone on too long, I will be seeking legal advice this time on what can be done to claim compansation for lose of earnings against your company for not supplying the service you are contracted.
Pete Tovey
--
P.J.Tovey.
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: 10 1/2 hours and still no services

> the 50/1 contention ratio is a crock as 2 or
> 3 other companies also have that on the same
> lines.

I thought the 50:1 ratio was applied at your exchange by BT rather than PN and it would depend on how many other users (BTopenworld, plusnet and the rest) in your area - moving to another ADSL provider will not change this.....
N/A

almost all of the home ADSL services are 50:1. If you want to improve this, I believe you have to pay for a business line (which is 20 or 10:1 I think).

and u say u wanna sue for loss of earnings? if you are on a 50:1 ratio, does that mean you are on a home ADSL install? If you are, how can you sue for loss of earnings? surely you should have a business package?

If you arent, could you pls keep updated as to whether you get any compensation? Smiley

> Well plusnet you have surpassed yourselves this time, 10 ½ hours and still my “ALWAYS ON” connection is off.
> I would have thought that by now, the 3 or 4 companies all using the same pipes and lines would realise that it’s too much for the system, if it was not for the fact that I am locked into you for a year I would have left months ago when I first found out that the 50/1 contention ratio is a crock as 2 or 3 other companies also have that on the same lines.
> This has gone on too long, I will be seeking legal advice this time on what can be done to claim compansation for lose of earnings against your company for not supplying the service you are contracted.
> Pete Tovey
>
> --
> P.J.Tovey.

N/A

Read the terms and conditions you signed up to: -

PlusNet may occasionally have to interrupt the service or change the technical specification of the service for operational reasons, or because of an emergency. PlusNet in such instances will endeavour to give the customers as much notice as is possible of any planned interruption to its customers service.

In these circumstances the customer shall have no claim against PlusNet for any such interruption.

We can expect NOTHING other then as apology froim them!!

John