cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 meg promotion

N/A

1 meg promotion

Hi
the 1 meg promotion is just what I have been waiting for, absolutely fantastic - just what I need for my voip phone use and surfing at same time.
so I sign up - unfortuneatly when I signed up I signed the easy start contract which means I got to pay a premium of about £4 a month (for a year) even although my easystart was from 7 months ago! or pay a £100 penalty to get out of contract. well this stinks in my opinion - I signed up for easystart because at the time it was the one promoted highly - the modem is still in box untouched but at time I assumed most expensive was best duh!
as Pipex are doing free migration I could leave and get 1 meg with them for cheaper than I can stay ! go figure. I have sung plus net praises since signing up and recommended to all my friends but this really sticks in my throat.
if this is the way it stays in february I will be off ..
Roy
p.s. the first decent ISP to offer voip will be winner - bt changing entire network to voip in 3 years LOLOL
13 REPLIES
Community Veteran

1 meg promotion

The details of your package including any get out fees where all available when you signed up, as where details of the cheaper packages.
Even if you migrate you are still liable to pay any fees.

Chris
N/A

1 meg

Hi
thanks for reply and helping me make my mind up.
I won't if I wait till february as I stated in original post. and if I had signed up for a cheaper package originally I would have been able to upgrade to 1 meg now a lot cheaper - thats the point I was trying to make.
And I couldnt check all these packages when I signed up in february because a lot of these packages (at these prices) were not available in february.
I deliberatly signed up for the most expensive 512 package because I wanted to get best I could. the point I was making was that if I had to pay a premium on top of everybody else for my mistake this should only last till february.
Incedently do your answers represent Plusnet ?
thanks
Roy
N/A

1 meg promotion

That is the only problem with posative change.

When there are no other packages available, other than permutations of the same one (AKA, not worth while changing), Easystart is a very attractive offer.

Once there are packages and prices that are more attractive, change is soon looked at by customers.

At the end of the day, whilst annoying yourself with the fact you have to wait, you do have to look at the side of things, where you chose the package and the conditions that come along with it.
Community Veteran

1 meg promotion

You can switch before your Easystart contract is up and you don't have to pay the £99 cancellation charges.

See ADSL Upgrade Guide item 6, which explains what needs to happen before you can switch products.
N/A

1 meg promotion

Hi
Yah..but I cannot get the 1 meg premium for the same price as people upgrading from 512 premium, unless I wait till february, I have a surcharge of about £5 a month, but not just until february - for another year ....hardly fair thats my point..my only alternative is to pay the £100.
I would, of course, rather not have the surcharge to pay but if I have too I cannot see how Plusnet can justify this surcharge to continue for a year rather than just o february when easystart contract is a year old.
the last 48 hours have turned me from a big plusnet fan to somebody who(out of princepal) is seriously considering paying the £100 to migrate elswhere. this would not be down to the fact I find this is unfair but the nature of the responses I have received from plusnet.
I am sure there are many easystart customers who find this situation as distasteful and feel free to contact me thru any chat medium and hopefully we can make representation to a more senior level.
thanks
Roy
Community Veteran

1 meg promotion

I think you are confused about your easystart contract and what options you have to switch to a new product/speed.

Easystart is £24.99/month which includes the cost of the modem and activation fee. You pay for the modem/activation over the first 12 months, which is the minimum period for the contract. If you cancel ADSL within the first 12 months you have to pay a cancellation fee of £99 - note this is if you migrate to another ISP of decide not to have ADSL on your line. It is not payable if you switch to a different plusnet product.

After 12 months (which in your case sounds like it's Feb 2005), you are no longer required to pay £99 to cancel. You are on a monthly contract where 30 days notice is required. You still pay £24.99/month as that is the fee for the contract you are on but you are no longer paying for the modem/activation now, so it's in your interrest to switch to a lower priced product at least after 12 months.

However, you can switch products NOW as I explained above. All you need to do is pay off the remaining payments for modem/activation then you can pay the one-off fee of £14.99 to change to a 1Mb broadband home product. You DO NOT ave to pay the £99 cancellation fee in this instance and certainly don;t need to after feb 2005 anyway.
N/A

1 meg

Hi
my easystart is 1 year old in february 2005 so are u saying if I pay £14.99 I can change to 1 meg adsl premium for £32.49 per month (instead of £29.99) but in february I can move to premium without having to wait anouther year? because this is not how I understood it.
If above is the true upgrade path then I would like to apologise for my earlier posts - both to plusnet and to forum admins
regards
Roy
csogilvie
Grafter

1 meg promotion

You can change now and pay An extra £7.50 on top of hte monthly payments, until your Easystart Year is up I believe.
N/A

until your Easystart Year is up I believe

Hi
if the above quotation is true

I appologise sincerely to rforum admins and plusnet

this is not how I understood my ticket from support and then the red haze set in. I will upgrade asap then
thanks
Roy
Community Veteran

1 meg promotion

You can change now and pay An extra £7.50 on top of hte monthly payments, until your Easystart Year is up I believe.

I think we need PlusNet to confirm this as according to item 6 of the upgrade guide, you have to pay off all defered payments before you can upgrade. If that is actually not true then Item 6 on the upgrade guide is not true and needs to be corrected to state this.

There is still a lot of confusion with this and it all needs to be sorted out so it is a lot clearer.
jberry
Grafter

1 meg promotion

Hi Roy,

I'll make sure the agent who answered your ticket specifies the "£7.50 extra until the end of your first 12 months" bit more clearly for other customers Smiley

Regards,
Community Veteran

1 meg promotion

In that case item 6 in the upgrade guide is wrong and need to be changed. It states you have to pay off all remaining defered payments before you can upgrade.

It is not surprising this is confusing to new users if us olduns can't work it out.
jberry
Grafter

1 meg promotion

Item 6 applies to all the deferred products that we have ever had (which is plenty) which is why it says "you will be informed of the costs" - there are just too many permutations for them to all be specifid individually in the FAQ.

Regards,