cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0800 telephone number

Community Veteran

0800 telephone number

Why not have an 0800 telephone number for BB subscribers to call with technical problems, it would give PN a far better incentive to sort a customer's query as PN would be losing money each time a customer rang.
63 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

0800 telephone number

Because they make money out of their 0845 number.
Community Veteran

0800 telephone number

Ah, but they could have it so as:

0800 - Free, but you have to listen to crazy frog while on hold.

0845 - Paid, but you get to choose the music.

How many people would choose option 1? :razz:
Community Veteran

0800 telephone number

PlusNet is a business, if you are going to suggest something that you expect to be taken up it needs to have a business incentive.

Chris
Community Veteran

0800 telephone number

The serious incentive would be to improve customer service even further to avoid paying for the call each time the customer rings to chase them up. Hence they get recommened to more people and have more income. This could be done with just good customer service, but an 0800 number would provide a means of motivation for the good CS also it would be a good selling point "Freephone Support Number"
Community Veteran

0800 telephone number

OK, put it this way; How much of an increase in monthly subscription, would be acceptable if Plus.Net used a 0800 number for technical support?

Answers on a post card, freepost to…

Chilly
N/A

0800 telephone number

..........How much of an increase in monthly subscription, would be acceptable if Plus.Net used a 0800 number for technical support?
Chilly

Has it really got to come down to an increase in monthly subscriptions?
N/A

0800 telephone number

it could just mean less of a profit -- that doesnt go back to the network any way
Metalguru
Grafter

0800 telephone number

0800 isn't the single panacea for all the customer service type of complaints.

Obviously we as customers save on the cost of a phone call. Or at least it appears that way. But there are lots of other matters that also need to be factored in, including :-

Quality / Ability of staff.
Number of staff to deal with the increased demand.
Speed of service.
Number of lines.

A free phone call also encourages abusers.
Just look at some of the cr*p the 999 service has to deal with.

I believe AO HELL still offer their punters an 0800 number for customer support.

Me thinks 'nuff said !
holdtight
Grafter

0800 telephone number

Here`s a good idea why not just leave it exactly as it is now !

im more than happy with it being an 0845 number instead of being a premium rate number such as most other service providers use @ 50p to £1 a minute
N/A

0800 telephone number

Indeed, there are many people that complain about other providers using 0870 numbers,which are charged (currently) at the BT standard national rate.

This is hardly expensive either, unless you are on hold for a long time, like you are with many.

I personaly prefer 0845.

A move to 0800 causes 2 problems.

1: as noted, PlusNet would lose revenue from the 0845 calls.

2: they would then have to pay for incoming calls on top.

It makes it a double hit.

As noted by Chris above, it would be a case of "What is in it for the business?". As also noted above, it doesn't have to come to a raise in subscriptions, but out of profits instead.

One major snag. Once a company has a profit, they don't want to lose it purposfully.

Whilst they claim they don't want to raise fees (this applies to most companies, not just PlusNet), they would hapily do so, to allow for such business decisions.

Remember, they answer to the share holders these days, and not so much the customer.
N/A

0800 telephone number

but surly the customer makes the share holder rich. not the other way around.
craigbrass
Grafter

0800 telephone number

That is TOTALLY incorrect. PlusNet DO NOT make money from the 0845 number. It is just a local rate number that redirects. I own about 5 so I know.

Also, I wouldn't mind paying an extra £1-£1.50 a month for access to an 0800 support number (as in the clients who want it pay for it, the rest don't and use the 0845).
Community Veteran

0800 telephone number

Actually Craig you are wrong. PlusNet do make money on the calls to thier support line and on dialup call charges. Why do you think ISPs can run pay as you go 0845 services?

You might not make money but they company you get the lines off sure does.

Chris
craigbrass
Grafter

0800 telephone number

Hmmm, I have one redirected to my Skype address. You mean everytime sombody calls me, Skype make money?