cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0721 error message - live in marlow

bootletip
Grafter

I have at last been able to get on line - I have been trying since before 10.00am this morning. all I got was the 0721 error message. I tried the phone line, I listened to the messages and chose the right options, when asked to press 9 to return to the main menu I kept getting cut off.

I had no other way of getting on line - so asked a friend to check and all she got was - page unable to load and she could not get into the portal at all even for messages.

I have wasted half a day - my card payment is now delayed, I have not been able to send all the work related e.mails

not amused -
alison
5 REPLIES
James
Grafter

Hi Alison,

I've just checked my emails, and there's been a major service exchange outage at the Marlow Exchange which was detected by BT at 10:34am.

Whilst I do apologise for the inconvenience that this will undoubtedly have caused you, I'm afraid that there is nothing we can do about exchange problems.
bootletip
Grafter

service outage in marlow

thanks james.

was this the whole exchange? because the friend I used to check lives in marlow and she had no problems getting on line with her provider.

why did I keep getting cut off when I rang in?
James
Grafter

Regarding your being cut of when you phoned, I'm afraid I don't know.

The BT report says this however:

Some of your Broadband End Users may currently be experiencing a loss or degradation of ADSL Service due to authentication issues.

BT is making progress towards full restoration of Service.
Further updates will be provided as soon as possible.
N/A

waafa: You can use Plusnet's Exchange Checker to see if there is a fault at a particular exchange before ringing up Plusnet and sitting in the queue (of course you can't check it yourself if you have no access to the 'net, but there are usually plenty of other ways apart from broadband)

For example, I reckon the fault you are describing is because of this: http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/mso.php?id=19764
bootletip
Grafter

0721 error

my connection was down prior 10.00

I have a problem connecting every day at that time - but never as long as this time, I do not have another alternative other than either ringing someone else to ask them to look at the portal sevice report on their pc for me

or to ring PN's number which as I said gave me all sorts of options to listen to and when I had listened to it, it told me to go back to the main menu -

yes I could have rung bt to ask them if there was a problem but as I get a problem connecting almost every morning, and since it said it had connected but not auntenticated - I felt it was more a pn issue rather than bt.

although I benefit from readint the forum threads - I do which that there was an 'easy to understand version' for those of us that although are very pc literate - we are not networking literate and I do not understand all the jargon that is given in alsmost every message.